Viral Video. What do I do?

Hey guys,

So, my most recent video has gone semi-viral (it got picked up by the Daily Dot and the Huffington Post), and I guess I'm just wondering what you're supposed to do when that happens. Do you re-share whenever it pops up, in the hopes of keeping it moving? Or would that annoy your followers?

I'm just curious if you guys have any experience with this - as I'm a little out of my element!

Thanks in advance for your tips!

I don't have advice for this, but congrats! That's a big deal :]
Personally, if I was a follower and kept getting the notification, I'd be a little annoyed haha.

I don't have advice for this, but congrats! That's a big deal :]
Thanks! I was nervous about posting on this - I don't want to seem like I'm just grasping for more attention. I'm just nervous because the video is really topical, and will be pretty much dead in the next day or so, so I don't want to screw up a chance to really build my audience.

Thanks! I was nervous about posting on this - I don't want to seem like I'm just grasping for more attention. I'm just nervous because the video is really topical, and will be pretty much dead in the next day or so, so I don't want to screw up a chance to really build my audience.
I have never gone remotely viral, but I would suggest making the most entertaining video of your life with a kind of, welcome to new subs portion in it, and really sell yourself with your next video. Let all the new subs see a new video that makes them go "oh cool! I'm glad I subbed to this!" That's what I would do.

I have never gone remotely viral, but I would suggest making the most entertaining video of your life with a kind of, welcome to new subs portion in it, and really sell yourself with your next video. Let all the new subs see a new video that makes them go "oh cool! I'm glad I subbed to this!" That's what I would do.
Haha, no pressure, right? ;)

Just watched the video, brilliant!

Hey guys,

So, my most recent video has gone semi-viral (it got picked up by the Daily Dot and the Huffington Post), and I guess I'm just wondering what you're supposed to do when that happens. Do you re-share whenever it pops up, in the hopes of keeping it moving? Or would that annoy your followers?

I'm just curious if you guys have any experience with this - as I'm a little out of my element!

Thanks in advance for your tips!
Just lay back and watch the subscribers and YouTube Moneys roll in :bounce:

Back