Viral Video. What do I do?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, my most recent video has gone semi-viral (it got picked up by the Daily Dot and the Huffington Post), and I guess I'm just wondering what you're supposed to do when that happens. Do you re-share whenever it pops up, in the hopes of keeping it moving? Or would that annoy your followers?

I'm just curious if you guys have any experience with this - as I'm a little out of my element!

Thanks in advance for your tips!

Bryant

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer
I don't have advice for this, but congrats! That's a big deal :]
Personally, if I was a follower and kept getting the notification, I'd be a little annoyed haha.

Reactions: unknown_user0004
Reaction score
I don't have advice for this, but congrats! That's a big deal :]
Thanks! I was nervous about posting on this - I don't want to seem like I'm just grasping for more attention. I'm just nervous because the video is really topical, and will be pretty much dead in the next day or so, so I don't want to screw up a chance to really build my audience.

Reactions: Symph

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Thanks! I was nervous about posting on this - I don't want to seem like I'm just grasping for more attention. I'm just nervous because the video is really topical, and will be pretty much dead in the next day or so, so I don't want to screw up a chance to really build my audience.
I have never gone remotely viral, but I would suggest making the most entertaining video of your life with a kind of, welcome to new subs portion in it, and really sell yourself with your next video. Let all the new subs see a new video that makes them go "oh cool! I'm glad I subbed to this!" That's what I would do.

Reaction score
I have never gone remotely viral, but I would suggest making the most entertaining video of your life with a kind of, welcome to new subs portion in it, and really sell yourself with your next video. Let all the new subs see a new video that makes them go "oh cool! I'm glad I subbed to this!" That's what I would do.
Haha, no pressure, right? ;)

Reactions: Symph

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hah, was wondering how long it would take! I like the production values of your videos :)

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Just watched the video, brilliant!

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hey guys,

So, my most recent video has gone semi-viral (it got picked up by the Daily Dot and the Huffington Post), and I guess I'm just wondering what you're supposed to do when that happens. Do you re-share whenever it pops up, in the hopes of keeping it moving? Or would that annoy your followers?

I'm just curious if you guys have any experience with this - as I'm a little out of my element!

Thanks in advance for your tips!
Just lay back and watch the subscribers and YouTube Moneys roll in :bounce: