view.ly A Must Have FREE YouTube Audience Discovery Tool for Growing Your Subscriber Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

view.ly

Audience Discovery Tool
"It feels good to have your video seen."

TL;DR:

view.ly is a FREE YouTube tool aimed at YouTube Partners and content creators. It helps you find targeted audiences and gain new viewers and ultimately grow your loyal subscriber base.
What is the purpose of this all?

I would like to help a lot of people, who are just like me - making YouTube videos for fun, while struggling to get anyone to see them (well, not anymore). I would like to help YouTube partners grow their subscriber base, or people who want to become partners (either YouTube or via network like Fullscreen and Makers). I would like to help small bands and artists get their work discovered and enjoyed.

How it all came to be?

In beginning of 2013 I've started learning a new programming language - Ruby. I've had this idea for YouTube in my mind, so I said to myself...what a better way to learn a language than to use it for a project. I made a little prototype, and after I've tested it - I was blown away. Within a week I've received over 1,000 views, 300 likes and 200 comments, while gaining 120 subscribers. But that's really not the point. I don't care about the numbers. What has blown me away, was all of the great positive feedback that I've received. People leaving supportive comments, thanking me over private messages for sharing my video with them. I was happy. Very happy. So, I've decided to work on the project in my free time, improve it, polish it.

The project is at a stable stage. It works well, and there are hundreds of people using this app. I feel like its a good time to grow. Gain new users.

Is this FREE?

Yes. The tool is absolutely free. My goal is to gain the userbase, and have people who enjoy the benefits of the tool recommend it to others. I would like to keep the current functionality free indefinitely, maybe someday adding paid extra features on top.

How does it work?

I would like to start with the MOST important step. Doing your homework. This tool won't do magic for you, unless you perform this critical step well.

The super important step: Go on YouTube. Pick a video of yours. Try to think about what kinds of people would be interested in the video. Not just maybe interested - try to envision a type of person that would truly enjoy your work. Than do a YouTube search...well many of them. Try to find other's people videos that contain your desired audiences. Read the comments, see what kind of people are there - are they your fit?

See, if I'm in Black Metal band, Id search for other Black Metal songs. If I make gaming videos, Id target gamers. If I make tutorials, Id look for similar tutorials. The targeting of interest is CRUCIAL.

Once you build your list of targeted videos, its easy. Just run them thru view.ly, and setup a promotion. Its about 3 clicks of work. Let it do all of its magic - automagically.

Does it work? Proof wanted!

I would like to give you a real time demo. I've just fired up the promotion on my latest video. It currently has 10 likes and less than 100 views.
Its up to you to check it out, and see daily influx of new people.
Here is screenshot showing my setup.

Screenshot.png

(Click the image above to see it fullsize and then right click it and click View Image)

My video:

I hope you are excited to give view.ly a try. See you there!

Please note: This thread has been pre-approved by the YTtalk team.

I don't know if this is spam because at the bottom it says: Please note: This thread has been pre-approved by the YTtalk

Nice spiel but you've glossed over what the hell you actually do and why I should allow you access to manage my channel's videos, playlists and activity.

Hi,

The application uses YouTube API to do all the work. The access to those things isn't required, but its bundled with what is required, nothing I can do about it. You can always revoke access to viewly, if it ever did something you wouldn't want. Right now, the only thing it does, is sends out messages that you set.[DOUBLEPOST=1373637110,1373637036][/DOUBLEPOST]
Isn't mass sending of PMs to users not allowed by YouTube's ToS? Pretty sure.

To some extent yes. This is why we have strict review process. So far, viewly has been allowed to operate.

Hi,

The application uses YouTube API to do all the work. The access to those things isn't required, but its bundled with what is required, nothing I can do about it. You can always revoke access to viewly, if it ever did something you wouldn't want. Right now, the only thing it does, is sends out messages that you set.[DOUBLEPOST=1373637110,1373637036][/DOUBLEPOST]

To some extent yes. This is why we have strict review process. So far, viewly has been allowed to operate.

I'm sure you're fine to operate. But I'm fine not risking my channel through spamming others.

Seems cool but for now I won't be using it.
keep working at it though it could become a valuable tool for new channels(or all channels).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back