Video can't be monetized? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had this problem before and I seem to get around it by only monetized video when I have fully uploaded it.

Yeah, problem is it is fully uploaded. And it was monetized already with the white check mark on the green box so it was at one point monetized. And as I mentioned I no longer even have a Monetization tab when I go to edit that video.[DOUBLEPOST=1370466941,1370466806][/DOUBLEPOST]
This might help a little. I believe with the "Gatsby" reference you might be in the third party category. View attachment 8257

Good catch. The only problem is this isn't a paid product placement. I wish Warner Bros. was paying me. And if you click "Learn more" they outright state that videos with a paid product placement will likely not display ads anyway for fear of conflict of interest.[DOUBLEPOST=1370481130][/DOUBLEPOST]In case this is helpful to any of you, here is a link where YouTube explains why the green button disappears and what you can do about it:

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=2990415&page=ts.cs

hmm I would contact adsense/youtube about it even though there a pain to get ahold of! I found there are many situation with youtube that will never get resolved because they have a terrible system for customer support

productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

Have fun...[DOUBLEPOST=1370492017,1370491905][/DOUBLEPOST]support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/2473099?hl=en&authuser=1#ts=2870936

maybe this one

Hey guys. Check out this screenshot from my Video Manager page:

monetize.png

So... take a look at my newest video. It was monetized up until a few minutes ago. Now the green box has disappeared altogether. When I click on the video itself, ads still show on the video. When I go back to Video Manager and click Edit on this video, the Monetization tab is gone altogether. When I attempt to re-monetize it through the Actions menu at the top of the Video Manager, an orange box appears that tells me this video cannot be monetized.

When I check my Channel Settings page, it shows everything is in good standing - no copyright issues or anything.

Any idea what's going on or why this happened?
I'm having the same problems with one of my videos!!

So... today the green "monetized" button suddenly re-appeared. And the video is fully monetized. No idea what that 48 hour gap was about.

My video is entitled "Put the phone down" and i put it up at 11:15pm yesterday and it's still under review for monetization.. Ususally, my videos go through very quickly and monetized within 5 minutes of posting it.. that's weird

I've got the same problem, ChelseaMarie!
It's usually really quick but so far it's been a day and a half and it's still "under review"

My video is entitled "Put the phone down" and i put it up at 11:15pm yesterday and it's still under review for monetization.. Ususally, my videos go through very quickly and monetized within 5 minutes of posting it.. that's weird

Thats exactly what happened to mine. Usually mine are monetized within a few minutes and mine took 24 hours then got rejected and now I am fighting it again. Never had to do any of this before. They must be changing something.[DOUBLEPOST=1370651004,1370650939][/DOUBLEPOST]
So... today the green "monetized" button suddenly re-appeared. And the video is fully monetized. No idea what that 48 hour gap was about.

You would think with the popularity and money YouTube/Google makes that they wouldn't have near as many bugs and glitches as they do.

Hey pitbullnorthc, sorry to hear that it got rejected!
Maybe they're more stringent now..
I was in the middle of uploading another video when i noticed that mine got "unstuck" and is now showing "monetized"... not sure when that happened though but definitely over 36 hrs since it was first uploaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back