Video can't be monetized? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Blogs

Blogger, vlogger, comedian, & ranter.
Hey guys. Check out this screenshot from my Video Manager page:

monetize.png

So... take a look at my newest video. It was monetized up until a few minutes ago. Now the green box has disappeared altogether. When I click on the video itself, ads still show on the video. When I go back to Video Manager and click Edit on this video, the Monetization tab is gone altogether. When I attempt to re-monetize it through the Actions menu at the top of the Video Manager, an orange box appears that tells me this video cannot be monetized.

When I check my Channel Settings page, it shows everything is in good standing - no copyright issues or anything.

Any idea what's going on or why this happened?

Is it not providing any more clarification that just it can't, usually it says a reason so thats strange. YouTube might be checking it for content matches before it releases it back to monetization again? Just make sure you own or have rights to the content, and if it doesn't come back just contact them and ask :)

Is it not providing any more clarification that just it can't, usually it says a reason so thats strange. YouTube might be checking it for content matches before it releases it back to monetization again? Just make sure you own or have rights to the content, and if it doesn't come back just contact them and ask :)

This is possible. As you may have noticed I used a quick ten-second excerpt from the Great Gatsby trailer. I can't see that being a copyright issue though. I mean, wouldn't Warner Bros. want the trailer to be displayed in as many places as possible?[DOUBLEPOST=1370447944,1370447928][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have had a video like this that doesnt have an option for months. Never found a cure.

Bizarre![DOUBLEPOST=1370447975][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well my video has p***y in the title and i can monetize it so i doubt it is to do with the title

Agreed. I doubt "b******t" or "p***y" are reasons to prevent monetization. Especially since it was monetized up until an hour ago.[DOUBLEPOST=1370448017][/DOUBLEPOST]
maybe because of the title? love it by the way :D but umm idk is it age restricted or something.

Glad you enjoyed it! I have videos with far more offensive content than this and none of them have been age-restricted yet, so I doubt this one will be. But even an age restricted video can still run ads I do believe.[DOUBLEPOST=1370448158][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh, and PS: The exact message in an orange banner when I try to monetize it is "1 video could not be monetized. Please try again.Learn more" - and of course, the learn more is just a tutorial in terms of how to monetize videos.

If there is copyrighted music in the video then It will not let you monetize. It wont give you a copyright hit though.

No copyrighted music. Public domain free music just like in all my videos. And the last time this was disputed, I was notified by email and asked to provide YouTube with written permission to use the music. I gave it to YouTube and a couple days later my video was monetized. This time, no notification, no "Under Review" - just the whole damn green money button is gone!

I have had this problem before and I seem to get around it by only monetized video when I have fully uploaded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back