Using Youtube's Promotion Feature

This is real advertising here. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole until you KNOW what you're doing. You can easily spend thousands of dollars and get very little benefit out of it if you don't do some serious market research and create an AD strategy that's appropriate and elicits a response and conversions. Otherwise you're just throwing money at some non-converting views.

In my opinion, spending money on this is pointless unless you spend a LOT of money. I watched a video a few months ago that was being promoted by this method in a very extreme fashion. It was a web series and they must have thrown 20k dollars at it. The video was in the paid advertising spots everywhere I went (for the stuff I do on YouTube) for like 2 months. That video ended up with about 6700 views and the channel has hardly any subs.

This is real advertising here. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole until you KNOW what you're doing. You can easily spend thousands of dollars and get very little benefit out of it if you don't do some serious market research and create an AD strategy that's appropriate and elicits a response and conversions. Otherwise you're just throwing money at some non-converting views.

In my opinion, spending money on this is pointless unless you spend a LOT of money. I watched a video a few months ago that was being promoted by this method in a very extreme fashion. It was a web series and they must have thrown 20k dollars at it. The video was in the paid advertising spots everywhere I went (for the stuff I do on YouTube) for like 2 months. That video ended up with about 6700 views and the channel has hardly any subs.
Yes that is true..I was just asking if anyone has ever tried it

Yes that is true..I was just asking if anyone has ever tried it
I used it.
It does what it says it will do. I mean you will get views. You have to KNOW what you want to pay for and how to maximize your gains from it.

For an unknown brand/channel
  • You have to have your keywords lined up and locked down for whatever you're promoting.
  • It needs to be SHORT like an advertisement or it just won't work well in most of the forms that it shows up.
  • It needs to have a catchy thumbnail. REALLY catchy. It has to be the best thumbnail any human has ever seen.
  • You have to KNOW what market you want to push it to under exactly what keywords. If you just let it go to everywhere, it's wasted money.
  • The content has be so good, in the first second, that no one will click off of it immediately.
If you can do all that. Go for it. You select where you want to pay for the ads to show up and the price range you want to spend per ad placement. That determines a lot of things and lower priced ads of course will get a lower benefit. You need to know how to manipulate this as well.

The ads will show up in a slightly yellowed box at the top and bottom of youtube search results lists. They can show up on the right sidebar. They can show up as an ad WITHIN a video. They can show up at the end of a video. You have to really make a marketing plan for all of this before using it to get any real effect.

Now if you're already huge like Superman The Movie huge, (they still make a plan but...) they can be successful with an ad campaign a lot easier than you or me. Plus they will drop 100k like it's nothing.

I used it.
It does what it says it will do. I mean you will get views. You have to KNOW what you want to pay for and how to maximize your gains from it.

For an unknown brand/channel
  • You have to have your keywords lined up and locked down for whatever you're promoting.
  • It needs to be SHORT like an advertisement or it just won't work well in most of the forms that it shows up.
  • It needs to have a catchy thumbnail. REALLY catchy. It has to be the best thumbnail any human has ever seen.
  • You have to KNOW what market you want to push it to under exactly what keywords. If you just let it go to everywhere, it's wasted money.
  • The content has be so good, in the first second, that no one will click off of it immediately.
If you can do all that. Go for it. You select where you want to pay for the ads to show up and the price range you want to spend per ad placement. That determines a lot of things and lower priced ads of course will get a lower benefit. You need to know how to manipulate this as well.

The ads will show up in a slightly yellowed box at the top and bottom of youtube search results lists. They can show up on the right sidebar. They can show up as an ad WITHIN a video. They can show up at the end of a video. You have to really make a marketing plan for all of this before using it to get any real effect.

Now if you're already huge like Superman The Movie huge, (they still make a plan but...) they can be successful with an ad campaign a lot easier than you or me. Plus they will drop 100k like it's nothing.
It seems legit but I agree you must know what you are doing for it to be done the right way..Thanks Man :)

It's not worth it unless your channel or video is ready for it. As a YouTuber doing this, the idea is that you pay Google to get views, it's up to your video and channel to convert those views to subs (conversion rate). Those potential subs will net you future ad revenue for a return on investment (ROI) so you're paying now for possible money down the road.

How much depends on how many subs you can convert and retain. So unless your channel is filled with strong quality videos (not only good view counts, but good audience retention [check your analytics/insight to see what % of a video is watched]), you will not convert enough subs to make it worth your $$$.

It's not worth it unless your channel or video is ready for it. As a YouTuber doing this, the idea is that you pay Google to get views, it's up to your video and channel to convert those views to subs (conversion rate). Those potential subs will net you future ad revenue for a return on investment (ROI) so you're paying now for possible money down the road.

How much depends on how many subs you can convert and retain. So unless your channel is filled with strong quality videos (not only good view counts, but good audience retention [check your analytics/insight to see what % of a video is watched]), you will not convert enough subs to make it worth your $$$.[/quo
Thanks for the info! Have you tried this before? You sound like you really know what u are talking about I just want an idead on how it really works so I wont be wasting money if I ever decide to use it :)

Just being honest, don't waste any money on this until you can answer these questions yourself or you can afford to hire someone to do the SEO/Market research for you. Otherwise, it's wasted money.

Thanks for the info! Have you tried this before? You sound like you really know what u are talking about I just want an idead on how it really works so I wont be wasting money if I ever decide to use it

I've worked in SEO/Marketing since the start, optimizing ad campaigns and keywords so I understand the mechanics. I've never used this for my own channel, my content's definitely not up to spec for this.

You could try with a limited budget if you're curious, and set it to stop after that's used up. But before you waste your money you should take a good look at the free analytics/insight as to how your videos perform now. If people are only watching on average 15 secs of your 3 minute video, you're doing something wrong despite how many views you have, and no amount of new traffic will change that.

I've worked in SEO/Marketing since the start, optimizing ad campaigns and keywords so I understand the mechanics. I've never used this for my own channel, my content's definitely not up to spec for this.

You could try with a limited budget if you're curious, and set it to stop after that's used up. But before you waste your money you should take a good look at the free analytics/insight as to how your videos perform now. If people are only watching on average 15 secs of your 3 minute video, you're doing something wrong despite how many views you have, and no amount of new traffic will change that.
I see.. Yes I always look at the Analytics to check how my video are doing

Back