Using other peoples videos and uploading it

Hoviking

I've Got It
What are the rules for this? Can I upload small sequences of another youtubers video on my channel, like if someone has a really good 15 seconds in their video, that I want to take out and upload it for itself?

I would look at rules as what constitutes as fair use, like if you're doing a review or a parody on their work. But in general, don't use other people's work unless they give you permission.

This video is about 2 years old, but I still think it's good. Search "3 Rules to Avoid Violating Fair Use on YouTube" by Tim Schmoyer

usually the best way to go about it is asking permission however if your doing a parody or something that adds to the original content usually that can be seen as fair use all tho fair use is a big grey area.

You should ask permission just to be safe, but if you use it in your own creation, i'm quite certain that it would count as fair use.

Unless you're willing to risk a copyright strike or possibly going to court, get (written) permission first.

Note that only a court can decide if your usage constitutes as fair use or not.

it really is a gray area there, but depends on the usage, if you are doing a review or voice over it then it probably will fall under fair use

Back