Upload times?

I speedtest about 1Mb upload, and a 15 minute video still takes nearly 2 hours to upload. Always would love to upgrade the internet speed but money. I've started just queuing several uploads before I go to bed (yay YT upload scheduling) and then it seems like no time at all! :)

I was wondering this same thing. What kind of compression does everyone use for faster uploads with out loss of quality?

I do mine in the standard it comes off my camera then upload it in 720p HD.[DOUBLEPOST=1347568772,1347568754][/DOUBLEPOST]From what I remember reading youtube only shows it 30FPS anyway.

I do mine in the standard it comes off my camera then upload it in 720p HD.[DOUBLEPOST=1347568772,1347568754][/DOUBLEPOST]From what I remember reading youtube only shows it 30FPS anyway.

Ok thanks. I have uploaded in "1080p" a few times and it did not look like it...it was more like 720p HD

How do you get scheduling is that a partner thing?

Scheduling is supposedly available to all "partner light" accounts (meaning you've monetized a video), but the option doesn't enable everywhere. When you go to the upload page you need to select "Scheduled" from the dropdown box there before you select the video(s) to upload, otherwise it seems to be grayed out on the subsequent upload detail view. Crazy youtube bugs I guess.

Everything will be a factor in this. I deal generally with 500-900mb files, with a 0.50mb upload. I just upload everything overnight usually. Just set it to private so you can publish it on your own terms and times later :)

Back