Ultimate Guide To SEO (Appear At The Top Of Searches!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelSnes

Let's Player!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, I just have a question regarding this.

Say I do a search for say the game "Ziggurat" searching the term "Ziggurat"..

It will come up with youtubers such as Total biscuit as first, who seems to use more generic terms such as "critic, commentary" etc, then next is SplatterCatGaming who is a big youtuber with 85k subs, who for example seems to focus on tags with the phrase "Ziggurat PC" in them then another person such as Retromation, who despite only having 1.7k subs gets 4th-6th spots despite using a number of one-word tags as opposed to using "long-tail tags"

Press Hearttocontinue however appears to rank third despite her using literally only six tags.

What I notice is when searching for terms we want to rank higher on, it's hard to decipher what tags are actually useful, as it's impossible to see if they are ranking well because of their tags or simply because they are bigger youtubers, and so rank higher by default.

Should we pay attention to the tags which are from people who aren't necessarily big such as Retromation? As if so, there appears to be a lot of single worded tags... :S

Mescudi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the tips. I'll start using these tips.

I still think I need help with SEO, tags, and titles. Getting more traffic on my videos/views and growing my channel. If any one could help with this completely maximizing my views it would be greatly appreciated. Message me.

AbsTechie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
pdated them to rank for different searches, because I believe that you should update the information on a video every few months. The pictures sho
Hey, do me a quick favor. Do a basic YouTube search with these two words, Hot Wheels, and let me know how many of my Racegrooves videos are on the front page. If you have another minute, do one for Matchbox =)
How do you do this man?

TheChillNebula

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This thread has helped me a ton and it's why my subs have gone up since I applied the techniques I learned from the OP and other wise posters. Thanks a ton!

DeadMerchant

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
ConnersCraft I've checked videos from screens you've posted and they seem not to appear on the first page in search results any more.

- Could you do some update on this topic?
- Are your techniques still working and are you still getting results with them?
- What new have you learned / discovered since February?
I can confirm this is still working. I tried it last night and my video is in the 6th slot on first page. I am gonna try to make it higher tho.

Stachu

Not sexy and don't know it!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I can confirm this is still working. I tried it last night and my video is in the 6th slot on first page. I am gonna try to make it higher tho.
If this video is new then it's pretty normal. YouTube seem to promote new videos in search results for short period of time to see if they are relevant to certain keywords. So if it's on the 1st page in 2 or more days then it's really working :)

Could you tell what video you are talking about so we could see how it looks?

DeadMerchant

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If this video is new then it's pretty normal. YouTube seem to promote new videos in search results for short period of time to see if they are relevant to certain keywords. So if it's on the 1st page in 2 or more days then it's really working :)

Could you tell what video you are talking about so we could see how it looks?
It was on the second page yesterday before I changed the tags and title and stuff. Its a week and some old. Its called Super Mario World Corruptions. If you search that it should be in the 6th slot. 7th now so I guess it will deteriorate for some reason. O nvm now its 4. I dont get it but whatever.

Last edited:

Stachu

Not sexy and don't know it!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Its called Super Mario World Corruptions.
And should I search for "Super Mario World Corruptions" keyword or something else? Because when I type "Super Mario World Corruptions" in YT then I don't see your video on the first page. Check it incognito because YouTube search results might be influenced by the content you watch and cookies.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.