Ultimate Guide To SEO (Appear At The Top Of Searches!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

themuffinzmanz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey can you please help me. I am focusing on trying to get the keyword minecraft call of duty. I did everything you said but i still am on page 20+. My video does not have alot of likes,views or comments on it but it does have everything else. Can you please help me out? Thanks!

ConnersCraft

I Make Video Games... :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey can you please help me. I am focusing on trying to get the keyword minecraft call of duty. I did everything you said but i still am on page 20+. My video does not have alot of likes,views or comments on it but it does have everything else. Can you please help me out? Thanks!
Congrats on picking the two hardest things to rank for. I have never been able rank for just Minecraft lets plays. Most of mine only get views from subs. What specifically are you trying to rank for? For example I ranked high for "Best Minecraft Roller Coaster" and that gets me 20-75 views a day. :)

themuffinzmanz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am trying to rank for mc-war.com a server that has been doing farely well. Its Call of Duty but in minecraft. It does have a good fanbase and some big youtubers have done it. I have only been able to get views on this series from posting it on their forums and sometimes i had gotten lucky on previous videos with google keywords.

ConnersCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am trying to rank for mc-war.com a server that has been doing farely well. Its Call of Duty but in minecraft. It does have a good fanbase and some big youtubers have done it. I have only been able to get views on this series from posting it on their forums and sometimes i had gotten lucky on previous videos with google keywords.
That one should be simple if you follow this guide. Have both "MC War" and "MCWar.Com" in your title and also have them both in your tags. They should also both be implemented into your description. You could have a link to this site or something in the description also. I searched it, and very few videos are actually SEOed for this search. You should get page 1 easy if you follow the guide. :) Also, it is hard to rank until you get 50-100 views first. I know that sucks, but it just seems to be the case. After you change stuff, wait 36 hours and check your search rankings. It should be significantly higher.[DOUBLEPOST=1376514623,1376514260][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey, do me a quick favor. Do a basic YouTube search with these two words, Hot Wheels, and let me know how many of my Racegrooves videos are on the front page. If you have another minute, do one for Matchbox =)
I found 11 of your name on page one. That was 10 videos, because one had your name in the description. Great job! :)

Reactions: markkaz

zebracrunk

I've Got It
Reaction score

I'm on your channel right now, and if you hadn't established what mc-war.com was in your post, I wouldn't know what your video is about. To outside viewers who may be looking around for Call of Duty & Minecraft without knowing the site name/server, they may think your content is unrelated. (I'm talking about your mc-war #8 video) Even your thumbnail doesn't describe what mc-war is. Add a Minecraft character or something, make sure it illustrates what people are searching for. I see that you implemented the double-phrasing of the keyword in your title, but once again, the game name is absent.
If I were you, I'd title it "Call of Duty in MINECRAFT! - mc-war.com CoD Minecraft Part 8", or something along those lines.
I don't play either of those games, so I'd have better ideas if I was familiar with them.

I dont think so. I always go caps for titles all lower case for tags. I am not 100% sure though.
I tend to use capitalized first letters in tags because channels like VEVO do it, which lead me to assume it matters somehow.
People usually search for things in all lowercase, so even if it doesn't differ from caps I may be swayed into trying lowercase again.

SlayerXtR

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Now, I see what I have been doing wrong this whole time! Thank you. I will have to try this on my arcade videos and see how this works out.

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
4) Backlinks - A backlink is any link on another site linking to your video. You want these. It helps a lot, because YouTube looks at it as if the video is going viral. For that reason, "shares" on social networks are very helpful. Also, you want about 30% of these links to say exactly your url. The others you want to say the main keyword you are ranking for. (So you can click on the words "How To Make A Game" and it will bring you to your video. If you have a website that can do this it is very helpful.

I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. This was true maybe a year, definitely two years ago. Back then, you could spam 30.000 comment links, and get your video to rank like that. That's not at all the case anymore. In fact, in all my research, backlinks have shown to be the least important thing. You can easily also check this yourself: go on ahrefs, do a backlinks search for the top 3 videos in a specific search term, and you can see that there's no correlation between number of backlinks, and position of the video in the search results.

The only time backlinks, in my tests, have mattered, is when those backlinks provide traffic. Unlike your website, YouTube has full statistics on your video, and can directly see if any backlinks provide any traffic at all. From what I've been able to tell, any backlink that provides no traffic, is close to meaningless in the eyes of the YouTube algorithm. That said, a backlink that DOES provide traffic, DOES seem matter.

But really, that just makes sense. A link that provides 0 clickthroughs to your video, or embeds that provide 0 plays, isn't likely to be a genuine high quality link.
There does seem to be a correlation (small, but noticeable) between social media shares (which are, technically, also backlinks) and ranking though. Since YouTube is a social website, that makes sense.

Last, I want to make it clear that I think it's awesome that you're sharing info with the community! It's always great when people share knowledge, especially about SEO, which is an extremely lacking area on YouTube.
But:

Below I have posted all the things that matter in SEO and how to achieve it.
That's just not correct. You haven't mentioned video replies, annotations, playlists, playlist descriptions, individual video descriptions, channel descriptions, channel age and authority, video description, outbound links, and much more. Also, when comparing rankings between your OWN (it counts for all, but especially your own) video and others, be aware that you aren't necessarily seeing the same results everyone else is seeing. Much like Google, unless you turn it off, shows you "personalized" results. For instance, when I search for "How to make a game", your video barely makes it the first page (it's the last result on the page), whereas your screenshot shows it ranking 3rd. Something to keep in mind for the future.

ConnersCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. This was true maybe a year, definitely two years ago. Back then, you could spam 30.000 comment links, and get your video to rank like that. That's not at all the case anymore. In fact, in all my research, backlinks have shown to be the least important thing. You can easily also check this yourself: go on ahrefs, do a backlinks search for the top 3 videos in a specific search term, and you can see that there's no correlation between number of backlinks, and position of the video in the search results.

The only time backlinks, in my tests, have mattered, is when those backlinks provide traffic. Unlike your website, YouTube has full statistics on your video, and can directly see if any backlinks provide any traffic at all. From what I've been able to tell, any backlink that provides no traffic, is close to meaningless in the eyes of the YouTube algorithm. That said, a backlink that DOES provide traffic, DOES seem matter.

But really, that just makes sense. A link that provides 0 clickthroughs to your video, or embeds that provide 0 plays, isn't likely to be a genuine high quality link.
There does seem to be a correlation (small, but noticeable) between social media shares (which are, technically, also backlinks) and ranking though. Since YouTube is a social website, that makes sense.

Last, I want to make it clear that I think it's awesome that you're sharing info with the community! It's always great when people share knowledge, especially about SEO, which is an extremely lacking area on YouTube.
But:

That's just not correct. You haven't mentioned video replies, annotations, playlists, playlist descriptions, individual video descriptions, channel descriptions, channel age and authority, video description, outbound links, and much more. Also, when comparing rankings between your OWN (it counts for all, but especially your own) video and others, be aware that you aren't necessarily seeing the same results everyone else is seeing. Much like Google, unless you turn it off, shows you "personalized" results. For instance, when I search for "How to make a game", your video barely makes it the first page (it's the last result on the page), whereas your screenshot shows it ranking 3rd. Something to keep in mind for the future.
It is not ranking third in the screenshot. You just can't see the whole page. Sorry if that screenshot is confusing. I was just showing it ranking above videos with 10x the views. I do have to agree with you on the backlinks part. My original post was lacking. You do need to have genuine links with clickthroughs. I thought I had said that, but I did not. I will edit the post when I can get to a computer. After Google created the Panda update, backlinks have become much more important, but only genuine ones. Thanks for a great post. I will definatly edit the original with some of your suggestions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.