should I disable my likes and dislikes?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters

Kaitlyn Moore

Hello!
So I really do love making videos on my channel and have so much fun doing it but lately I've just been getting lots of hate for no reason. No one comments on my videos they just dislike them all the time and usually it's about the exact same number of dislikes on each video so I must have a few specific haters who subscribe to me just to dislike my video or it's my younger sister who has 4-6 old dead channels disliking my videos I don't know. But I was just wondering if there was a way to find out who is disliking them or how to make my videos better so people don't hate them because it's really bringing me down and I just feel like giving up on my channel even though it's my favorite thing. And if I disable the likes and dislikes will that effect my channel in anyway?

Definitely don't be discouraged. If you have fun making your videos then you should continue for yourself.. not to please anyone else. I imagine most of your watchers would be girls of around your age who can be a tough audience / unkind /over critical. A lot of them might vote you down just because they are jealous of you etc. They probs don't have the confidence to do what you do.
Also to Vote down is as good a vote up i think (someone correct me if i'm wrong), as it tells Youtube there is activity on your upload which is great for placing your content higher up the search results. So any haters are actually helping you. And no you can't find out who is disliking them.
If hating feels in anyway like its becoming more like bullying make sure you talk to mom/dad/teacher.

Sorry to hear your suffering with Haters;
I dont think the Like/Dislike system would have too much of an effect of your channels standing but I cant be sure of that. What I do know is that negative comments dont count against your channel as youtube has no way to differentiate positive and negative comments at this point. it treats commenting as a positive regardless of the content (Unless its bots) so I suppose a secret to bear in mind is that if one of your haters ever comments on your video...even if its really nasty. try to get him/her to keep posting as it'll bump your videos up :)

I think you should disable the likes/dislikes for a week so that the people doing it can either calm down or go away.

People tend to follow the crowd, so if viewers see a lot of dislikes, they are influenced to also dislike the video.

You can check roughly where the likes and dislikes are coming from. Go to 'Likes and dislikes' on your analytics, and then click on Geography. It only shows the country, but it could help to either confirm or deny your suspicions of your little sister. It's not perfect, but at least you'll get a rough idea.

You could also look at your average watch time and see if there are hints of people closing your video after only the first couple of seconds. I'm not sure if it actually shows, but if it does, I think it would pretty strongly hint at someone deliberately using multiple accounts to dislike-bomb your videos.

Also to Vote down is as good a vote up i think (someone correct me if i'm wrong), as it tells Youtube there is activity on your upload which is great for placing your content higher up the search results. So any haters are actually helping you.

I'd also like to second this. From what I've read, both likes and dislikes counts as engagement, and therefore helps you. Sure, dislikes may not look pretty, but it does help. People sometimes dislike someone's videos with the intention of hurting them, but they don't realize they're actually helping them.

Don't let it discourage you!

I don’t think there’s a way to find out who’s disliking your videos. Try not to let them effect, even though it might be difficult to do. I have a copy people subscribed just to dislike my videos just to be mean and I think it’s the same person with multiple accounts. Every channel gets hate, it doesn’t matter how great of a YouTuber you are there’s also going to be haters out there so try to ignore them and have fun making videos. Good luck with your channel!

I can understand, when i first started out seeing those dislikes made my heart skipped but now I am kinda immune / used to videos getting the downvote button. Besides it still counts as engagement so i won't disable it ^^

I can understand, when i first started out seeing those dislikes made my heart skipped but now I am kinda immune / used to videos getting the downvote button. Besides it still counts as engagement so i won't disable it ^^
Before I joined this forum I actually thought that dislikes would hurt my videos and then after I joined I discovered they count them as engaments just like they would with likes

yep wat Courtney said !. Also you have over 10k views! Means you can monetise your content. Then your getting paid for people hitting the dislike as they have to watch adds first lol. How good would that feel?

You seem fine to me. People like your videos and give you great comments. Don't put yourself down from a little bit of dislikes, it happens to everyone. Your doing fine, keep going girl.

Back