to partner or not to partner

just in case you haven't read your contract right through. If you quit with certain networks they take all unpaid earning haha! if you leave adsense and you have more than the threshhold they pay you out... also just in cause your wondering what other long term affects can happen when rwj left maker he lost yourfavriotemartian "the whole reason he left was they wanted to own a percentage of =3 to produce the album which they brought up at the last second" and they also currently own breakingnyc which he is fighting to get back.

just in case you haven't read your contract right through. If you quit with certain networks they take all unpaid earning haha! if you leave adsense and you have more than the threshhold they pay you out...
In most network contracts, you can't actually just "quit". You would put in notice if you felt there was a contract "breach"... at which point the other party would have opportunity to correct the breach. It works both ways and protects both parties and is more or less a standard contract practice.

As you say though... there is sometimes a revenue clause which protects the networks from early termination. Usually, that would need to be a mutually agreed upon event though. Again, there's usually no "I just quit" by either party, so a conversation would be started and a creator would be fully aware before something like that occurred.

The bottom line is to fully read and understand a network contract before signing and expect to stick out the term as with any business agreement. One year isn't really that long honestly for a business agreement, so unless the network is really screwing up somehow... there shouldn't be a need to quit before the end of the initial term.

also just in cause your wondering what other long term affects can happen when rwj left maker he lost yourfavriotemartian "the whole reason he left was they wanted to own a percentage of =3 to produce the album which they brought up at the last second" and they also currently own breakingnyc which he is fighting to get back.
The whole RWJ vs Maker is very complex... we have no doubt. We don't have any inside info, but wanted to comment here with our take on these points...

Ray didn't seem to be the sole owner of the yourfavoritemartian brand. It seemed like a cooperative effort at the very least. So, it's probably not fair to say he "lost" it.

Ray "left" for a whole slew of reasons and the timeline and triggers are best known by those involved. Seems like something that's been brewing for awhile.

Basically, what Ray is trying to do is an "early quit" ... whether caused by Maker's actions or not. (not siding with anyone... Ray may be right... just stating a general fact)

We doubt Makers "owns" breakingnyc. Likely, it's still under contract with them and it's simply being, uh, held "hostage" by the contract until it's all sorted out.

Lastly, we would say the RWJ situation is a "word of warning" about contractual agreements and being diligent and careful about who you sign with, but isn't a very good general example. It's all very very complex, so we don't think it makes the best example for most emerging creators who will not experience that level of complexity for long time.

I love Adsense. They fill my stomach.
We agree. haha

In most network contracts, you can't actually just "quit". You would put in notice if you felt there was a contract "breach"... at which point the other party would have opportunity to correct the breach. It works both ways and protects both parties and is more or less a standard contract practice.

As you say though... there is sometimes a revenue clause which protects the networks from early termination. Usually, that would need to be a mutually agreed upon event though. Again, there's usually no "I just quit" by either party, so a conversation would be started and a creator would be fully aware before something like that occurred.

The bottom line is to fully read and understand a network contract before signing and expect to stick out the term as with any business agreement. One year isn't really that long honestly for a business agreement, so unless the network is really screwing up somehow... there shouldn't be a need to quit before the end of the initial term.

The whole RWJ vs Maker is very complex... we have no doubt. We don't have any inside info, but wanted to comment here with our take on these points...

Ray didn't seem to be the sole owner of the yourfavoritemartian brand. It seemed like a cooperative effort at the very least. So, it's probably not fair to say he "lost" it.

Ray "left" for a whole slew of reasons and the timeline and triggers are best known by those involved. Seems like something that's been brewing for awhile.

Basically, what Ray is trying to do is an "early quit" ... whether caused by Maker's actions or not. (not siding with anyone... Ray may be right... just stating a general fact)

We doubt Makers "owns" breakingnyc. Likely, it's still under contract with them and it's simply being, uh, held "hostage" by the contract until it's all sorted out.

Lastly, we would say the RWJ situation is a "word of warning" about contractual agreements and being diligent and careful about who you sign with, but isn't a very good general example. It's all very very complex, so we don't think it makes the best example for most emerging creators who will not experience that level of complexity for long time.

We agree. haha

all good points, Im just stating the long term. Maby it's because i went into a network thinking i would get better results and i didn't.. i had the same gains as i did with out a network and the extra feature of being with a network is useless to me so im basically throwing cash to a person who does nothing for me and my channel

all good points, Im just stating the long term. Maby it's because i went into a network thinking i would get better results and i didn't.. i had the same gains as i did with out a network and the extra feature of being with a network is useless to me so im basically throwing cash to a person who does nothing for me and my channel
Fair enough. It shouldn't all be about gains though if someone is utilizing the networks features. (Facebook App, Gorilla, Free Audio, Bulk Annotations, extra support, etc in Fullscreen's case) I don't think any network out there can promise gains... if they could, we would be promising it! hahaha

Watched a few of your videos. Looking really good, but we think you could improve your stats by fleshing out your descriptions some more (with keywords included) and adding another avenue to your promotion. We would highly suggest establishing a twitter account and linking to that from your channel and every video description at the very least. That way you can build a following outside of YouTube itself to bring views back to your videos. Just something we noticed that we thought was worth mentioning. :)

Anyway, we're not Fullscreen, but we're glad to help if you need it... PM us if you do. :D

Stay well.

The network I represent : Vultra ,gives channels lots of benefits over regular Adsense, such as Dashboard,higher CPMs,24/7 support etc.

If you want more info add me on Skype : shane.vultra

Well, I haven't encountered a Network yet that doesn't say (or imply) you will get a boost in CPM's, viewership, etc. I would say the biggest advantage for most is the banner.. It really does add value and draw people in. With out it, you're not going to be able to maximize your sub totals.

Well, I haven't encountered a Network yet that doesn't say (or imply) you will get a boost in CPM's, viewership, etc. I would say the biggest advantage for most is the banner.. It really does add value and draw people in. With out it, you're not going to be able to maximize your sub totals.

Plus thumbnails for those without them and shows is quite useful too!!

Fair enough. It shouldn't all be about gains though if someone is utilizing the networks features. (Facebook App, Gorilla, Free Audio, Bulk Annotations, extra support, etc in Fullscreen's case) I don't think any network out there can promise gains... if they could, we would be promising it! hahaha

Watched a few of your videos. Looking really good, but we think you could improve your stats by fleshing out your descriptions some more (with keywords included) and adding another avenue to your promotion. We would highly suggest establishing a twitter account and linking to that from your channel and every video description at the very least. That way you can build a following outside of YouTube itself to bring views back to your videos. Just something we noticed that we thought was worth mentioning. :)

Anyway, we're not Fullscreen, but we're glad to help if you need it... PM us if you do. :D

Stay well.

thanks for all the info and checking out my channel. I created a face book page once and the onlike like i got was symph lol i might look into a twitter and Facebook page again. Thanks again for taking the time to go through my video's and replying

The network I represent : Vultra ,gives channels lots of benefits over regular Adsense, such as Dashboard,higher CPMs,24/7 support etc.

thanks for the info but im currently locked into a 2 year contract

Thumbnails are a public feature now, aren't they? The shows are nice.. If they could get google Chat a bit better working.. That'd be nice.

yes i had thumb nails before i join fs. i gained the banner and the video subscibe button on my old videos but that's kinda gone now lol[DOUBLEPOST=1355352715,1355352707][/DOUBLEPOST]

Stay well.

thanks for all the info and checking out my channel. I created a face book page once and the onlike like i got was symph lol i might look into a twitter and Facebook page again. Thanks again for taking the time to go through my video's and replying

thanks for the info but im currently locked into a 2 year contract

Thumbnails are a public feature now, aren't they? The shows are nice.. If they could get google Chat a bit better working.. That'd be nice.

yes i had thumb nails before i join fs. i gained the banner and the video subscibe button on my old videos but that's kinda gone now lol

Back