Time Management - How I upload 10+ Videos a Week

Good stuff :thumbsup2: I lead WoW raids 3 nights a week on top of normal work 9-6 and other responsibility just like you, family, wife etc. I'll try to do similar planning to help with lack of time.:eeks:

Very obvious tips, but still a nice wake up call to hear lol... definitely going to copy your calendar colour coordination. Though I also need to learn to be more efficient with my video editing software aha

Thanks, This really helped alot cause I'm close to graduating this year and I try to upload daily so I can build a great fan base but there would be times where I'm tired/lazy to record and I want it to be a decent one instead of a rushed one but I've been having trouble and been thinking of getting 5 hour energy shots or something, But seeing that you work like 40 hours a week and I just goto school motivates me to put more effort into it! Thanks! :D

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Yeah, being lazy will do it, but those days you are in the groove knock out 2 or 3 videos instead of just 1.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Yeah, being lazy will do it, but those days you are in the groove knock out 2 or 3 videos instead of just 1.

This is exactly what YouTube needs less of. Everyone treats their content like something they have to "knock out", or "get done." It's really a shame. 10 videos a week, I'm sorry, but its hard to have good quality with that many videos produced a week. Your schedule is showing how monotonous (zombie like) your content can be, which can lack real passion due to the need to stick to the schedule. This leaves you with very little time for new and creative ideas.

I applaud you for your time management skills, it is important to have a schedule with a busy life. A lot of people can learn from your management side of things. I feel if people follow this completely then they will become a slave to their content instead of letting their passion guide them.

Edit: This was written in a rush and came out more personal when it wasn't trying to be so I changed some wording.

Last edited:
This is exactly what YouTube needs less of. Everyone treats their content like something they have to "knock out", or "get done." It's really a shame. 10 videos a week, I'm sorry, but there's nothing quality about that. Your schedule is showing how monotonous (zombie like) your content is, lacking any real passion due to the need to stick to the schedule. This leaves you with very little time for new and creative ideas.

I applaud you for your time management skills, it is important to have a schedule with a busy life. This is a great write up for those who want to be a slave to their content, instead of letting their passion guide them.
Wow thats a damn good point... didnt think of that lol

Many of the larger channels make more videos than that per week and they aren't slaves to their content it has become their job. Good time management and scheduling doesn't mean you're a slave to your content, if anything it improves your efficiency especially when working full time as well. You're only a slave if you don't receive anything for the efforts. I do see what you mean about creativity to some extent, some ideas are best sat on and brewed over longer periods of time but that isn't always what people want to do nor can. Passion is good but it isn't efficient without time management, you need both IMO.

Thanks @Michael

When I say "knock out" I don't mean just do it to do it. As the rest of that post said, when you're in the groove, as in motivated and pumped about it, do more than your "one and done" norm.

Additionally, I'm not sure if you've seen my content but I've actually received nothing but praise at the professionalism and creativity behind the videos I produce when it comes to the indie community. The whole point of the thread is you can produce quality content and NOT be a slave by managing time well.

I have all of this week done and am working on videos for next week Wednesday at the moment, which gives me 7+ days to create content, take days off, and come up with new ideas.

Additionally, my series are extremely passionate and I love indie gaming, so it's not slave work whatsoever. Each Episode Outside of the 1 let's play I have going is different and focuses on different developers or games.

If you feel producing more of what you love to do makes you a slave, then you may want to reconsider what content you are producing with some self reflection.

Back