Thumbnail Hall of Fame

I like making my thumbnails fancy. =3 I don't have photoshop (not that I really know how to use it anyways lol), but I make all of my thumbnails with Sony Vegas using a bunch of masking and multiple layers. Gotta do what'cha gotta do. :smilingcute:

GO EDF FINALLY.jpg EDF 2.5.jpg

DARK SOULS AGAIN.jpg

I like building the thumbnails almost as much as editing everything. I'm a bit of a Photoshop nerd and technically a graphic designer, so I get to flex those muscles while still being an idiot.

Here's my one of my favourite ones for a game called Spoiler Alert:
maxresdefault.jpg

And here's my "proudest" collection, I guess you could say.
I completed a full playthrough of Gunpoint. In the game there are 5 main characters, and so each of my episodes revolves mainly around one of these characters. I used a background shot and the face for each character/episode instead of a numbering system. Also, the titles relate directly to that person and what goes down.

I've got them in an imgur album, so I'll post one here and you can check out the album here: /a/di6zv

PuQEl8A.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1414155262,1414155151][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like making my thumbnails fancy. =3 I don't have photoshop (not that I really know how to use it anyways lol), but I make all of my thumbnails with Sony Vegas using a bunch of masking and multiple layers. Gotta do what'cha gotta do. :smilingcute:

That Dark Souls one is intense. I take it you did well in the playthrough? :)

That Dark Souls one is intense. I take it you did well in the playthrough? :)
Thanks. :x3: But, that thumbnail isn't for a Let's Play of Dark Souls; it's actually for a Comedic review of Dark Souls. The "play" is saying you play Dark Souls, not that I'm playing it (hence why it's called "Go Play It." lol).

But, for the play through I did do (not recorded), though...I guess it went alright. I died an insane amount of times, but I had a helluva lotta fun doing it. I did it pretty much blind, so it was an insane experience. :smilingcute: I'm definitely gonna have to run through it again one of these days.

Thanks. :x3: But, that thumbnail isn't for a Let's Play of Dark Souls; it's actually for a Comedic review of Dark Souls. The "play" is saying you play Dark Souls, not that I'm playing it (hence why it's called "Go Play It." lol).

But, for the play through I did do (not recorded), though...I guess it went alright. I died an insane amount of times, but I had a helluva lotta fun doing it. I did it pretty much blind, so it was an insane experience. :smilingcute: I'm definitely gonna have to run through it again one of these days.
I've heard it becomes a bit of a love hate relationship. It punishes you but somehow you still want more

I've heard it becomes a bit of a love hate relationship. It punishes you but somehow you still want more
Personally, I love challenging games, so it was perfect for me. The game never felt like it was cheating; if I ever was having problems I just had to (as they call it) "get gud." It definitely is a great game though. There's a more to it than just the hard game it's known as. :angelic:

I made a thumbnail template so it only takes me 1 minute to make a thumbnail for my video, works pretty well.
Normal Thumbnail:
jHwtHva.png

When I can't find a colour to use I just put a picture in the background and blur it:
Cy7YfgA.png

Thought I would bump this because I enjoy seeing other's thumbnails. Here's one I made a day or two ago that I thought I did pretty good on.
RJxyMl2.jpg

Here are a few of mine. I had to modify the template I was using because some of my text was outside of the safe zone.

KEep12Thumb_zps30ea3f05.jpg

KEep13Thumb_zps4458eef7.jpg

Back