Thoughts on YouTube rival, Vessel?

The article leads me to believe it will not be primarily a subscription based service. "It will also offer..." While not clearly stating in addition to what, I'm not convinced it will be a subscription-only site. If they're going after YouTube, it will be made optional.

The article leads me to believe it will not be primarily a subscription based service. "It will also offer..." While not clearly stating in addition to what, I'm not convinced it will be a subscription-only site. If they're going after YouTube, it will be made optional.

It'll be interesting to see what they decide to roll out with.

You could actually make a direct comparison here to blip.tv and its offer to Ray William Johnson a year or two back. Blip.tv offered him quite a bit of money to move his =3 show and get his audience to move there. If the results predict what this new platform will do, then it doesn't look good. RWJ came back to YouTube before quitting altogether.

But vessel's apparent requirement for users to pay to watch will compound the issue of trying to get your audience to jump to another platform even worse.

The only way you could possibility make that feat even marginally successful is to have an established website where you host your content. Redletter media does this and so they're able to make their blip.tv videos somewhat successful because their website is established with people going to their site specifically to see their stuff.

I was thinking the exact same thing. They dont have a hope in hell of competing if its paid only.

That is actually really clever thinking lol. Good job sir. However, what is the point in subscribing on vessel for a fee, if you can watch the same video, at the same time on youtube for free? Plus, i think that would go against the Vessel ToS if your releasing the same video at the same. Hents the '72 hrs exclusive.'

If you do as TheGovernor said, then i see not reason they wouldnt let you. Its not hurting them.

Mate why even think about it? its the makers of vessels problem not yours, as long as you get your over the top pay for releasing videos on Vessel first then its no problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1416425857,1416425749][/DOUBLEPOST]Also guys you gotta remember that YouTube has a subscription option that no one uses.

Mate why even think about it? its the makers of vessels problem not yours, as long as you get your over the top pay for releasing videos on Vessel first then its no problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1416425857,1416425749][/DOUBLEPOST]Also guys you gotta remember that YouTube has a subscription option that no one uses.
I was just proving a point to the person who I quoted in that message. :) nobody uses it because nobody cares for it lol. Creators are too shy to use it because it could cause them to lose subscribers, and majority of the time it works out better to display ads rather then a paid subscription.

Back