Thoughts on YouTube rival, Vessel?

LemonLorraine

YTtalk Mad
Hey guys - wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on Vessel. They are going to be YouTube's new rival in the coming months - They've reportedly offered the top 100 - 200 channels multi million dollar (and average $25 CPM) deals for 12 - 18 months as a guarantee. The content creators will have a 72 hour window on Vessel before they can post the video to other platforms (ie: YouTube). I was reading an article about it on TubeFilter. What's everyone's opinions? Have you reached out to them?

Article Link: w w w .tubefilter.com/2014/11/17/vessel-youtube-stars-multi-million-dollar-guarantees-exclusive-window/

Hey guys - wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on Vessel. They are going to be YouTube's new rival in the coming months - They've reportedly offered the top 100 - 200 channels multi million dollar (and average $25 CPM) deals for 12 - 18 months as a guarantee. The content creators will have a 72 hour window on Vessel before they can post the video to other platforms (ie: YouTube). I was reading an article about it on TubeFilter. What's everyone's opinions? Have you reached out to them?

Article Link: w w w .tubefilter.com/2014/11/17/vessel-youtube-stars-multi-million-dollar-guarantees-exclusive-window/

not gonna happen, i will not pay to watch videos when they are free on youtube/website and the guys at hulu, amazon, netflix just want money. its made very unprofessional you'll think they had learn from youtube but nope they are trying to steal money from people.

I am very cuirous to see how Vessel will work. It may be a good vent valve for content creators, at least in its first period of life.

not gonna happen, i will not pay to watch videos when they are free on youtube/website and the guys at hulu, amazon, netflix just want money. its made very unprofessional you'll think they had learn from youtube but nope they are trying to steal money from people.

Playing devil's advocate.. this platform is being created by the founding CEO of Hulu and with Hulu being the powerhouse it is today and with YouTube's constant 'paid subscription' service looming its a possibility that it might work. People hang on the subscription box for new content.. and if you get to see your favorite creators new content 3 days before it hits YouTube, a $5 -$10 subscription might be worth it to you.

Playing devil's advocate.. this platform is being created by the founding CEO of Hulu and with Hulu being the powerhouse it is today and with YouTube's constant 'paid subscription' service looming its a possibility that it might work. People hang on the subscription box for new content.. and if you get to see your favorite creators new content 3 days before it hits YouTube, a $5 -$10 subscription might be worth it to you.

You make an interesting point, it will be interesting to see how that all plays out.

3 days please i can wait that long then all anyone has to do is watch it daily afterwords, good job CEO you made a loop-hole.

Its an interesting topic. Nobody can really say what is going to happen, who is going to sell out or anything. The thing is, do these big youtube starts care about their fans, or just see the green? Pushing your schedule 3 days back is going to hurt for a while and a lot of people are going to think of it as 'oh x doesnt care about us, he/she only wants the money'.

The article makes a good point that people may just wait to see the same content on Youtube for free. Especially considering most people really are turned off with the idea of paid subscriptions to begin with. I'll be curious to see if anyone takes Vessel up on their offer. I don't know that Youtube can really be rivaled with right now. Most people will only watch content for free. If Vessel had wanted exclusivity with Youtube stars it wouldn't work. Allowing them to post on Youtube anyway will just mean that Vessel is paying their people for no guarantee of viewership.

Its an interesting topic. Nobody can really say what is going to happen, who is going to sell out or anything. The thing is, do these big youtube starts care about their fans, or just see the green? Pushing your schedule 3 days back is going to hurt for a while and a lot of people are going to think of it as 'oh x doesnt care about us, he/she only wants the money'.

Very true.. it's a very fine line and subscribers can really see through it. Although if they only have to wait 3 days and it'll still post to YouTube will there be huge backlash?

If Vessel allows new youtubers to create videos on their website then count me in. With less competition it will probably be easier to increase in subscribers.

Heres the link without spaces for everyone -

Also what I was thinking.. if you're pioneering a new platform and you're one of the first content creators to be on there then you have a lot of people watching (ie: early YouTube or early Myspace.. Tila Tequila) and chance to grow your following.

Back