IMHO sub 4 sub only works if you are going to support the channels you are exchanging subscribers with. Watch a video every now and then, comment and hit like! There's no point having subs if you're not getting any views from them... The other thing that is annoying is when you genuinely sub 4 sub and an hour later the person you swapped subs with has unsubbed hoping you won't notice!

I believe it can work but you gotta engage with each other maybe 1-2 times a week

Everyone genuinely subs to channels they have an interest in. I'm not a gamer so I wouldn't genuinely sub to them as I wouldn't watch the videos but if it were a family channel or Cheerleading or gymnastics related I would genuinely subscribe or sub 4 sub. Thats just my opinion though

Sub4sub is useless it never works because people who do it are not really interested in the other persons video content and because of that people 95% of the time barely increase their views at all

I used to do it on my last channel and it felt horrible. Yes, you felt good each time you got a sub, Yes, it lead to more subs (slowly)... BUT, it didn't create fans, it just made my channel look worse as my content was always mediocre and on top of that I had 300 subscribers, with only 30-40 views a video. My new channel however, is growing a lot better on its own. I feel no one needs to do sub for sub, it just shows that you are impatient and to become a youtuber, you need patience :)

From my experience. It's not good but not all that bad for beginners (e.g. Less than 50 subs). I've stopped granting the beggars ...they later unsub and those who are still sub are inactive . but I still do with one or two Channel who might have interesting content and we could both actually be active on each other channel. Right now My Channel is doing okay, it depend on the post ,the views depends on how hot the topic (since my niche is celebrity news)
If you have atleast 100 sub then you should stop it because of inactive subs. If you are around 0-30 subs maybe ,it would help to encourage you. You could ask them to not just sub but to comment and view few videos . That will be helpful.

Last edited:
I can honestly say that I've never left any comments that asked for sub4sub. But I have received them.
In my experience they come in many forms. There's the outright "sub4sub", the polite but still begging comment & what I like to call "the kiss a**" which is where someone will leave a pretty long comment saying how great your content is & how much they love it for some generic reason & then try to convince you to sub to them while guaranteeing you'll get hundreds of subs back.

For the most part I find these kinds of comments/messages insulting because I know they didn't watch a second of my video(s) before leaving the comment. If it's a comment that actually shows they watched the video then, yes I'll check out their channel. But I won't sub if they make content I just don't usually watch/find interesting.
I want to grow my channel with people who genuinely enjoy & watch my content. I'm not doing this for a large number.

I never did sub for sub.. I did in the past join blogger groups where you could post favors, like comment on my video or subscribe to me. I even feel a little bit bad doing that, although it hardly did much for my channel. Now all of my subs come organically, and it's been stated over and over. SEO well, market well, and create good content. The subscribers will find you.

I've done it before, many years ago when I was like 14, not understanding that those subs wouldn't actually watch my content. But we all live and learn. I'm 23 now and know well enough that 100 loyal subs are a lot better than 1,000 unloyal subs. I stay far away from sub4sub as possible lol

i dont "Sub4Sub" never have never will most of the time when you "Sub4Sub" the person that subs to you will most of the time will become a dead subscriber and none of us want dead subs am i right!?

Back