• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
It is extremely good when it is constructive. Too bad most of it is not so at all... Constructive criticism usually comes from people that follow your content and are actual subscribers. It would be smart to try and improve on those points if you can. At the very least reply if you can not.

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Other
it's good practice to reply to negative feedback

exactly.

More than youtubers or creators or whatever we call ourselves, we are human always learning to interact with others. Same as a comment in YT in real life a guy appers in front of us in school/ work / ride and says something negative. It is good to develop an attitude on all those people and also have the nerves to examine if those words reflect a truth deep down.

As a personal note I really dislike youtubers that any comment on faults on their video called it "hate comment" assuming that one must only write "wow!" comments or spot and explain or suggest a solution on a video or interact with the channel for 3-5 comments.

Edit: didn't vote as long as there are so many scales between absolute good/bad.

Reactions: BriCurInTheOC

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I received this comment on an old(ish) video last week:

All talk but no sight of the yacht. Second point, what was with the loud music. One had to have the volume up for the vocal and then the music nearly destroys ones eardrums. I will be sure to avoid any future videos from you because of this mistake.

It made me laugh to be honest, they were quite right though...the video is awful :help:

Negative feedback is inevitable but you need to discern between comments that are worth paying attention to and comments that are best ignored. It's usually pretty obvious when a comment is left by somebody who just wants to be obnoxious or somebody who had a bad experience from watching your video (such as destroyed eardrums).

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
it's good practice to reply to negative feedback now (even if it hurts) because the bigger you get the worse it's going to get. if you accept those kind of comments instead of ignoring them they will hurt less over time and you'll begin to appreciate the feedback and it wont bother you ... also it can often turn the negative commentor into a 'fan' if they feel listened to.

people who leave hateful comments can just get a 'thanks for your comment, any kind of engagement really helps my channel' lol

It depends on the content. There are far too many trolls on YouTube (and elsewhere) who probably didn't even watch the video, they just spew hate-filled nonsense to feel better about themselves. I get tons of that because I tend to make controversial videos and engaging with these people is a total waste of time because they really don't care what you have to say, they just want to make you mad. For all but the most extreme and obvious trolls, I give them the benefit of the doubt and engage, but I don't think there's been a single time that it has ever worked out and they get muted because they don't want to add anything worthwhile to the conversation.

MazaParaza

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
Depends on if it's constructive or not

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
  1. Vlogger
I love negative feedback! Any publicity is good publicity so who cares if it's bad! Somebody took the time, to watch your video, and not only watch but comment. For the times that the comments are constructive that's great and super helpful, but for when it's just negative to be negative that's also cool because that means (to me at least) that you made it. People are getting your videos recommended to them or they're finding them by searching.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
As long as it's constructive I think it's useful, it's always good to know how you can improve (also, as long as it's phrased in a.. at least semi-nice way)
I think you're fair enough to delete the comment if someone leaves it on your video, but you should take it into account next time you make a video to keep improving and getting better!

Tykesmurf

Reaction score
Our channel gets a flood of negative feedback. We spend a lot of resources on comment moderation etc. Some consulatants have told us that we would have a top 100 Youtube channel if it wasn't for all of the negative feedback we get. Would love to know what resources everyone uses to delete negative feedback. Most recently there was an entire Reddit thread started whose sole purpose is to destroy us. They posted GPS coordinates to our remote property and have been on a disinformation campaign to ruin us. If anybody has any experience shutting down a Reddit thread, please let me know.

James228

Reaction score
Hi Tykesmurf/ Jesse. Please take to heart what has been written above. Constructive criticism is good!! You learn from it. Why are people giving negative feedback, and on what? Otherwise ignore the trolls and negative feedback. Don't believe consultants who say you can be a top 100 youtube channel, really the top 100? You work with consultants?
Next are you really remote or is that a disinformative comment from you? Again you can learn from comments. And the property location, that's a shame. However once you get to the "top 100 of youtube" people start googling. Public (government) information online is public. Comes with the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.