• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are a lot of people who let negative feedback drag them down and lessen their goals and in turn, their potential. Not only pertaining towards being a creator, but generally speaking as well. Personally I like negative feedback, although sometimes harsh, it pushes me to try harder and become a better person in general.

So what do you guys think about negative feedback? Is it bad? is it sometimes good? does it hinder or facilitate an individual to seek greater achievements? Should we promote negative feedback? Any general feelings about negative feedback.

Last edited:

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
It depends on how it's given I suppose. If the "feedback" is worded as "YOU EFFING SUCK, GET OFF OF HERE, YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO MAKE IT" then that is NOT feedback (I mean technically it is but you get it I think) that's not helpful, it's just insulting and hurtful.
But if it's something like "I didn't like how you did this-here's how it could be better in my opinion." or "you would have a really great voice if you had some singing lessons. keep practicing!" even the more blunt stuff that's like "your thumbnail is honestly kind of ugly." but they don't leave it at that, and they tell you why- that's good constructive "negative" criticism. So, if it's like that, I think it's good :)

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
As long as it has some points I'm totally fine with it. For example, it's really nice when friends say how cool the latest video is or something like this and I know they are just being nice and supportive ( and I appreciate it), but it would be cool sometimes, if they would bring up some points, which they maybe didn't like that much. Even if it's my video in first place, I might think about changing / improving it the next time. If it's possible I would consider about sending it via PM ( if I want to make suggestions to somebodys stuff), it doesn't need to be a public comment, so they don't have to feel insulted or exposed.

So, I think it's a good thing in general as long as it is constructive.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I totally agree that constructive criticism is good. But what are your guys' reaction to negative 'feedback' without any attached constructed criticism. For example, "you suck, stop making videos." Obviously nobody likes those types feedback, but does it make you make you recoil? Or try harder? do you just ignore it?

Reactions: videoeditgr

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
I totally agree that constructive criticism is good. But what are your guys' reaction to negative 'feedback' without any attached constructed criticism. For example, "you suck, stop making videos." Obviously nobody likes those types feedback, but does it make you make you recoil? Or try harder? do you just ignore it?
If i ever get comments like that i'll just hide their comments on the channel. I will only give attention to constructive comments ^^

MiketheDbacker26

Let's Player
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah without any points, there’s nothing you can do with it. If someone is going to come in and rag on you without any advice, they don’t care about you or your work, so why pay attention to it? There’s nothing you can do with a comment that says “you suck, just quit youtube”, so I would choose to just ignore it

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
For me as long as the negative feedback is in the form of constructive criticism then I honestly don't mind and love reading it. For example:

Negative Feedback (Bad): "Dude your video sucks. You must've been drunk when editing this." "That martial arts is garbage. I am a god and know what's best." Etc.
Negative Feedback (Good): "Not bad. But your audio could use more tuning here." "I think the thumbnail is alright but could improve if you changed this or that." "You mention this but actually if you looked it up you would have found out this that would have helped your video." Etc.

I just don't enjoy demeaning comments that bash you or your content just because they feel like being a cyber bully. But I welcome criticism with open arms. How can one improve if you always turn away negative feedback and criticism?

aliceromy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it's good practice to reply to negative feedback now (even if it hurts) because the bigger you get the worse it's going to get. if you accept those kind of comments instead of ignoring them they will hurt less over time and you'll begin to appreciate the feedback and it wont bother you ... also it can often turn the negative commentor into a 'fan' if they feel listened to.

people who leave hateful comments can just get a 'thanks for your comment, any kind of engagement really helps my channel' lol

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I take all comments; good or bad, as positive interaction. If they are bad Just ignore them. After receiving hundreds if not thousands of negatives, you get over it eventually.

Reactions: videoeditgr
Status
Not open for further replies.