This Guy Means Serious Business

I used to love Barney! ^-^ My mom loved him too -- turn the TV on, plop the kid in front, and take a well-deserved parent break lol! His video is scripted, but I think he's being serious when he says he doesn't like Barney and doesn't want it to come back. When I was his age, I thought the show was annoying, even though I used to love it. I blame the dislike of the show mainly on school kids. I remember watching a poor boy get laughed at by the entire 2nd grade classroom for still liking Barney -- that's when I learned that it was supposedly "wrong" to like the show. I felt sorry for the poor kid because he started to cry..I'm sure there were other kids in the room that still liked Barney, too... =( And I remember bursting a Barney song (I swear I didn't know it was a Barney song! lol!!) in 4th grade only to be mocked the rest of the time I went to that school.. =/ So...yea... it was considered a "taboo childish lame show" if you went to a public school...

I feel like this thread may be heading in a mocking-ish direction against his channel, too, which is making me kind of sad. =( The YouTuber is young and still trying to figure out how to create content and state his opinion on the Internet. I don't see anything overly offensive in his Barney video, and I give him props for putting his opinions out there and for trying to figure stuff out at a young age. ^^

I feel like this thread may be heading in a mocking-ish direction against his channel, too, which is making me kind of sad. =( The YouTuber is young and still trying to figure out how to create content and state his opinion on the Internet. I don't see anything overly offensive in his Barney video, and I give him props for putting his opinions out there and for trying to figure stuff out at a young age. ^^
Yes, I agree with this. I don't mean to mock him for his channel or content. This Barney video was just to illustrate that I don't think his list of rules was him being funny or making a joke. I believe these are things he really wants to avoid happening on his channel and is serious about trying to prevent them from happening. I just find it funny, especially when someone seems so serious and passionate about something like this. So I was making fun of his list, but I wouldn't want to take it very far beyond people getting a kick out of it.

No Boohbah, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Doogal fans Allowed
I don't know what Doogal is, but Boobah and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse were/are both awesome. I am not a fan of this kid.

Check out his rant videos. Like his one called Barney Rant. I'm still not sure if he's being serious or not. So hard to read.

Lmfao nvm I'm a huge fan now. That was awesome. He got himself a new subscriber.

Oh gosh, i can understand rules but some of these are just kind of ridiculous. 'Don't unsub me?' it makes him sound really pushy..
But to each its own

If he keeps track of his activity he might wonder what's up with having so many new visitors and views ! Maybe bookmark it and in 10 years come back and see what's he's up to then. As I've said here and everywhere I go thank god there was no internet when I was a kid!!!!!!!!

hahahah is this kind of sarcastic? Surely it has to be. I laughed when I read it just because how can you tell someone not to unsubscribe from you? hehehehehe :bounce:

I'm still not sure if he's being serious or not. So hard to read.

If he was a day over 15, this would be an obvious in-joke and basically amount to performance art.

If this is on the level where you can't even tell whether it's a joke or it's serious, that's basically mission accomplished to an even greater degree.
It doesn't matter what's real, man.
The lines between reality and self-depreciating joke are blurred.
There's no real.
Everything's a farce.
This is true art.

But no seriously, if that's video isn't a very specific style of joke, it's essentially 99.99% identical to one, so it may as well be, and it serves the exact same purpose as one, so for all intensive purposes it's a joke.

Back