They are a pain... but I kind of enjoy the attention =)

DoubleDoki

Its weird but whenever a copyright claim drops on my videos (before I kindly ask them to stop - and they listen most of the time thankfully) I say wow at least you're getting some automated legal attention which in turn forces said artist to MAYBE see what you are working with. I have actually made one friend because of these random happenings and I thank the system for its dysfunctional ways because of it.

But for plenty of YT's it does suck so I am sympathetic. But most of the stuff I use that gets copyrighted I care about on a personal level so most of the time my ego steps to the side so that they themselves can grow before me.

Its weird but whenever a copyright claim drops on my videos (before I kindly ask them to stop - and they listen most of the time thankfully) I say wow at least you're getting some automated legal attention which in turn forces said artist to MAYBE see what you are working with. I have actually made one friend because of these random happenings and I thank the system for its dysfunctional ways because of it.

But for plenty of YT's it does suck so I am sympathetic. But most of the stuff I use that gets copyrighted I care about on a personal level so most of the time my ego steps to the side so that they themselves can grow before me.

The internet is a strange and diverse place... but you must be the first person I have ever heard of who like getting copyright claims =]

The internet is a strange and diverse place... but you must be the first person I have ever heard of who like getting copyright claims =]
It does come as a shocker when you have 15 seconds of content from elsewhere and they want to strike the whole video. Im mostly posed to fight when I think something is silly, otherwise most of the time I just write it off. My ignorance keeps me sane at the moment.

I don't like them but I expect them. And they hardly ever drop the claims. It's a nice surprise when they do. Usually I have to choose carefully the reinstated claims that I want to appeal because they will take them down, so I have to have a combination of videos I'm willing to have taken down and fight with a counter-notification (videos that make at least $1 a month) and videos that it isn't worth it and I'll cancel the appeal if they say they'll take it down.

Back