The Views Lost Thread (Lost views? Post here first!)

ChillNation

Say Hi everybody
I have never cheated on the channel and never wish to do so but today my one video got deducted from 2260 to 260 that took 2 weeks to get unstuck from 301/302 and now I am really angry because I will never get to my 30,000 view goal by the end of the month and now will probably not even het past 301/302 on that video when before it was 2,000 +

If the views were deleted, then they probably weren't legit. Whether this was your fault or someone else botting your channel who's to say, but YouTube has deemed them 'fake' views and has deducted them. Sadly, nothing you can do.

If the views were deleted, then they probably weren't legit. Whether this was your fault or someone else botting your channel who's to say, but YouTube has deemed them 'fake' views and has deducted them. Sadly, nothing you can do.
^ What Frankie said.

When a video gets stuck at 301-309 it means it`s auditing, if it takes a long time it means YouTube has miscalculated and tried again.

Auditing is in place for 2 reasons :
1) To speed up the site
2) To help prevent botting, during auditing any views that came from the same IP etc are deleted :p

Also if a video is stuck at (for e.g.) 301 for two months, it means the video doesn't yet have 301 legitimate views, and once you get above that number, the counter will begin to rise. It audits periodically, so the count will freeze (and as you know sometimes deduct) periodically too.

So I've seen a bunch of people post on the thread about views getting deducted, and my channel never got views deducted so I thought everything was all good. I just checked my channel and I'm down 1900 views /: le sigh. Idk why though, maybe they finally got to the mobile view glitch that happened a while back?

I heard YouTube were also deleting mobile views as they were over counted, they could just be a bit late :p

Back