The smart dingus guide to Reddit.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Don't have time to read through all 18 pages right now but one thing worth adding to the initial post would be that self-promotion is semi frowned upon on reddit. It's allowed, but only if it's not your account's only purpose - so if you're sharing your links everywhere or sharing more links to your content than other posts, then your posts will start to get flagged as spam. The easy way around this is of course to become a part of the community - if you're a regular in a particular sub-reddit and contributing worthwhile conversation and contribution, then people aren't going to mind if you're also sharing your content there. :)

I only just got started on my current channel just over a week ago but I'd say about 60-70% of my traffic so far is coming from my strategic reddit posts. :)

Reactions: Austerpower

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't have time to read through all 18 pages right now but one thing worth adding to the initial post would be that self-promotion is semi frowned upon on reddit. It's allowed, but only if it's not your account's only purpose - so if you're sharing your links everywhere or sharing more links to your content than other posts, then your posts will start to get flagged as spam. The easy way around this is of course to become a part of the community - if you're a regular in a particular sub-reddit and contributing worthwhile conversation and contribution, then people aren't going to mind if you're also sharing your content there. :)

I only just got started on my current channel just over a week ago but I'd say about 60-70% of my traffic so far is coming from my strategic reddit posts. :)
Reddit is indeed a trap for newbies. Unlike other sites, Redditors with very high karma often have their posts upvoted, even if it's a simple "Yes".

I didn't realize about their unique content-spam rule until I was shadowbanned. Had to appeal to a moderator to get it uplifted.

Speaking of that rule, does that mean I have to post 9 comments and 1 link to my site or 9 various links and 1 link to my site?

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Speaking of that rule, does that mean I have to post 9 comments and 1 link to my site or 9 various links and 1 link to my site?
Just read the FAQ on self promotion: reddit.com/wiki/selfpromotion it explains everything clearly.

Reactions: UserU

gibbsy90

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
im not a great fan of reddit personally, iv tried so many times now i cannot seem to get my feet off the ground, im pretty sure i just get completly ignored in there lol

PrettyGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I put some there but my child plays old games like octodad the dadliest catch and there are just few who is subscribed to that channel.. :) I don't know if someone even watch it.. :)

Woogy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great post! I've never really used Reddit before to promote my videos but I think I will definitely start now!

Reactions: ArtesVives