The Power of Omegle

sammydeedge

Awkward Geek Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What's up YTtalk! Recently I have been experimenting with using Omegle Text Chat to advertise my channel. I found that by actually talking to a person and making a connection with them, they are much more likely to subscribe and be active. Given that I have seen quite some subscriber growth because of Omegle, I decided to make a guide!

1) Interests
  • Choose interests that are relevant to your channel's content. This allows Omegle to partner you with people who are actually interested in your channel's material. (Ex: If you are a gamer, you will be matched with a gamer rather than a musician)
  • Also put in the name of famous YouTuber's that are VERY SIMILAR to yourself. (My videos are similar to O2L, Joey Graceffa, & Tyler Oakley. Therefore, I am matched with people who like those YouTubers and they are more likely going to enjoy my channel)
  • If you want, put YouTube as an interest. However, most of the people who use this interest will paste their channel link and disconnect. <--- DONT DO THAT
2) Conversation
  • HAVE A GENUINE CONVERSATION!!! <--- MOST IMPORTANT TIP
  • DO NOT immediately bring up your channel link and ask them to check it out. Make sure you are actually conversing with the other person and you will find that the conversation will quickly move towards YouTube.
  • A good way of bringing up your channel is by asking them if they "just watch videos or upload them as well." They will of course ask you the same thing and you can politely say yes!
  • Lastly, if the stranger checks your channel out, tell them to only subscribe if they like your content. Many people will just sub to be nice. If you want this, more power to you. However, you will end up with inactive subs who do not actually watch your videos.
3) Conclusion
  • Use relevant interests so that Omegle can partner you with someone who is interested in your channel's material.
  • DONT IMMEDIATELY PASTE YOUR CHANNEL LINK
  • Have a genuine conversation with the people. This will build a relationship with your fans. They are more likely to subscribe after chatting with you because they know you on a more personal level.

I hope this helps & I would love to hear your thoughts & opinions
I like this might have to try it some time :)

MagicFN

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Commentator, Reviewer
I would do this if every person I connected to didn't say "M 18 VERY HORNY KIK ME NAO" AND THEN DISCONNECT.

Jessica

Just a girl with a camera
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What's up YTtalk! Recently I have been experimenting with using Omegle Text Chat to advertise my channel. I found that by actually talking to a person and making a connection with them, they are much more likely to subscribe and be active. Given that I have seen quite some subscriber growth because of Omegle, I decided to make a guide!

1) Interests
  • Choose interests that are relevant to your channel's content. This allows Omegle to partner you with people who are actually interested in your channel's material. (Ex: If you are a gamer, you will be matched with a gamer rather than a musician)
  • Also put in the name of famous YouTuber's that are VERY SIMILAR to yourself. (My videos are similar to O2L, Joey Graceffa, & Tyler Oakley. Therefore, I am matched with people who like those YouTubers and they are more likely going to enjoy my channel)
  • If you want, put YouTube as an interest. However, most of the people who use this interest will paste their channel link and disconnect. <--- DONT DO THAT
2) Conversation
  • HAVE A GENUINE CONVERSATION!!! <--- MOST IMPORTANT TIP
  • DO NOT immediately bring up your channel link and ask them to check it out. Make sure you are actually conversing with the other person and you will find that the conversation will quickly move towards YouTube.
  • A good way of bringing up your channel is by asking them if they "just watch videos or upload them as well." They will of course ask you the same thing and you can politely say yes!
  • Lastly, if the stranger checks your channel out, tell them to only subscribe if they like your content. Many people will just sub to be nice. If you want this, more power to you. However, you will end up with inactive subs who do not actually watch your videos.
3) Conclusion
  • Use relevant interests so that Omegle can partner you with someone who is interested in your channel's material.
  • DONT IMMEDIATELY PASTE YOUR CHANNEL LINK
  • Have a genuine conversation with the people. This will build a relationship with your fans. They are more likely to subscribe after chatting with you because they know you on a more personal level.

I hope this helps & I would love to hear your thoughts & opinions
This. is. awesome. THANK YOU :)

theskbenton

Reaction score
This sounds like a great idea. I'm gnna try this out a soon as possible. (+ASAP). I rlly need grow my audience!!!

Mr0zzy99

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's what I call a good tip! Thanks a lot. Happy Holidays!! :)

WeAreNVGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll try this out sometime. Hopefully I don't see too much naked guys.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've actually tried this before and it worked pretty well. I mean, a bunch of people did just post their links and then leave, but a bunch of people took the time out to check out my channel and even give me meaningful feedback.