Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

The Five C's of Thumbnail Design (Tips)

Discussion in 'Branding & Design' started by flexotn, Jun 29, 2016.

1. flexotn
    Cash:
    $14
    What's up everyone?
    I'm still pretty new here, however I have a lot of experience with graphic design and I studied Software Development, meaning that I know how to make an interface look good.

When making a thumbnail, I've put together a list of golden rules.
    - Consistency - Make sure each set of thumbnails is similar. For example, have the same style for a series of gameplay, or for every thumbnail for every video.
    - Constrast - People are naturally drawn to contrasting colours because it sticks out on the list of results. An example would be orange text on grey/black backgrounds, which is what I use.
    - Colour - Use bright colours for your text. This draws people into it by catching their eyes when they scroll down. Good colours to use are orange, green, pink/purple, etc.
    - Content - This is where you can get a little bit click-baity. If you have a video about CSGO knives, add a picture of the CSGO knife unboxing, gold "Rare Special Item" logo. Not only is it bright, but it will catch the eye of someone who knows what it means.
    - Creation - Make sure your thumbnails are either 720p (1280x720) or 1080p (1920x1080). I recommend 1080p. Having a low quality thumbnail is really off-putting and makes them look ugly. Keep it high resolution and high quality over all.

I hope this helped some of you! :)

ProfessionalRik and whats_good like this.
  2. whats_good
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $16
    - Clickbait
    - Clickbait
    - Clickbait
    - Clickbait
    - Clickbait

;)

In all seriousness though, good list. Agreed.

flexotn likes this.
  3. flexotn
    Cash:
    $14
    You should've done it for me ;)
    Thanks bruh.

whats_good likes this.
  4. Brewin
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $3
    I really like this! Great tips, I wish I would have made all of mine 1080p from the start, but it's too late now.

5. Anjim
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $6
    Great tips! I am working on my thumbnails as we speak