Thanks for stating the obvious, YouTube.

ScreenShot2013-05-06at12328PM_zps49ad1865.jpg
Has anyone been receiving emails saying that their video is uploaded? I have, and I don't see the point of it. Thanks for stating the obvious YouTube. I never would of guess. Now, if they do this for scheduled uploads.. I can see the point, but receiving an email every time you upload a video? Really?​

They just starting doing this. It's useful if you use emails to notify people that you've uploaded a new video. You can just forward the email to your subscribers/people on your mailing list.

well its good for people that start uploading their videos then go to work..or school or leave the house...it lets them know its been uploaded nothing went wrong things like that.
Yeah.. I mean it makes sense, but it's a bit annoying haha.

I got one, and it was a video I uploaded to my channel straight from my phone. I suppose I never saw this option that was alluded to, but still, it makes me wonder why they would do this. Regardless, I'd look into seeing if there's an option to stop that, asap. :p

They just starting doing this. It's useful if you use emails to notify people that you've uploaded a new video. You can just forward the email to your subscribers/people on your mailing list.
Ah, I never did think about that. Probably because I don't have anyone on my mailing list who would watch my videos, haha.

ScreenShot2013-05-06at12328PM_zps49ad1865.jpg
Has anyone been receiving emails saying that their video is uploaded? I have, and I don't see the point of it. Thanks for stating the obvious YouTube. I never would of guess. Now, if they do this for scheduled uploads.. I can see the point, but receiving an email every time you upload a video? Really?​
I have recieved this same email and just noticed this same thing when uploading my video and they give you the option to recieve a email or not i could of sworn i saw the option but you got to think about it like this it might just be a convenience for most users. Say they uploaded a video from home and left for work and wanted to know it's progress to make sure the upload was successful and 99% of people use smartphones now and days where they use gmail and they can be assured it has completed by getting that notification email. Not all people stay by the computer like me and you KGATV

Back