Take Over - New Song (Instrumental)

I might have fallen asleep on the couch for a good 4 hours, so excuse me if I make spelling mistakes and zero sense. However, I did have a listen to it.
The mix is great. I had a project this weekend where I had to mix a little more then the usual, so I gained an extreme appreciation for people, who can mix multi-layered tracks now, since I tried to mix two vocal tracks, and almost ended up going an buying a gun to shoot myself, so I really respect that now : D

But I did enjoy it quite a bit.

It is going to sound wierd, but it evoked a feeling of Castlevania Symphony of the Night, which is like a Plastation 1 game about dracula.
And that slowly gave way, with the way the sounds are and mix of that "Easter European"-esque music style, which does not make sense. Not in a bad way, by any means.

But its not classical, but that "dark stone castle overlooking that night" feeling. Which is good, since instrumental piece are supposed to evoke something, and if you just have a crap tone of sounds, no matter how good they are, they are simply sounds.

And telling or showing something through just instruments is a hard thing, so kudos.

I might have fallen asleep on the couch for a good 4 hours, so excuse me if I make spelling mistakes and zero sense. However, I did have a listen to it.
The mix is great. I had a project this weekend where I had to mix a little more then the usual, so I gained an extreme appreciation for people, who can mix multi-layered tracks now, since I tried to mix two vocal tracks, and almost ended up going an buying a gun to shoot myself, so I really respect that now : D

It is going to sound wierd, but it evoked a feeling of Castlevania Symphony of the Night, which is like a Plastation 1 game about dracula.
And that slowly gave way, with the way the sounds are and mix of that "Easter European"-esque music style, which does not make sense. Not in a bad way, by any means.

But its not classical, but that "dark stone castle overlooking that night" feeling. Which is good, since instrumental piece are supposed to evoke something, and if you just have a crap tone of sounds, no matter how good they are, they are simply sounds.

And telling or showing something through just instruments is a hard thing, so kudos.

i can totally hear the Castlevania.

great work as always Katherine!

Lol aww thanks! :D Well I'm glad it has a two tone feeling to it :D Most of my songs always have that bit of classical in there because I am obsessed with strings. Well thanks so much for listening! I really appreciate the feedback too :)[DOUBLEPOST=1393864844][/DOUBLEPOST]
i can totally hear the Castlevania.

great work as always Katherine!
Aawww thanks!!! Yes. I actually am a vampire.
Oh dear I've said too much.

Lol.....I can't even help it. It's like everything I write has to have some sort of classical feel to it...........I don't know why........... O_O
Well you will always have that, especially if you were brought up with it or just really connected with it.

In my case, i will sit down and start playing anything, be it jazz progressions or just random notes, in 5 minutes, somehow I will be playing blues, or start putting that feeling that I know really well.

It is something natural, that you fall on. It is the songs we grow up on or listen a lot, they get stuck in your head and keep going.

And to give you an even better example, the thing I play, its rare, but it is something I really enjoy falling on, its the little secret kinda, is playing russian acoustic rock-n-roll songs, by people like Brigada S, Andrej Makarevic or Nautilus.

And that is because, I grew up on that music, when I was 6-9 years old, and I would listen to them all the time. So that folk-ish simplistic thing, is still somewhere in my head, and occasionally pops out.

Well you will always have that, especially if you were brought up with it or just really connected with it.

In my case, i will sit down and start playing anything, be it jazz progressions or just random notes, in 5 minutes, somehow I will be playing blues, or start putting that feeling that I know really well.

It is something natural, that you fall on. It is the songs we grow up on or listen a lot, they get stuck in your head and keep going.

And to give you an even better example, the thing I play, its rare, but it is something I really enjoy falling on, its the little secret kinda, is playing russian acoustic rock-n-roll songs, by people like Brigada S, Andrej Makarevic or Nautilus.

And that is because, I grew up on that music, when I was 6-9 years old, and I would listen to them all the time. So that folk-ish simplistic thing, is still somewhere in my head, and occasionally pops out.
Yeah.....I think you're right. In my house hold there was always a variety of different music from my family. My mom loved classical music..she had tons of CD's of Beethoven, Bach, Yanni :p All the classics. Then my oldest brother loved dance music..the second oldest loved rock...and the third oldest was into grunge. So I think that's why I am influenced by so many different genres :p

Yeah.....I think you're right. In my house hold there was always a variety of different music from my family. My mom loved classical music..she had tons of CD's of Beethoven, Bach, Yanni :p All the classics. Then my oldest brother loved dance music..the second oldest loved rock...and the third oldest was into grunge. So I think that's why I am influenced by so many different genres :p
I had Pink Floyd. My father is a huge fan of Roger Waters's works, and that was also the first music I really was impressed by.

Oky, wall of text incoming about my childhood, so if you are interested you can skip it. :D

As I said, Dark Side of the Moon was playing 24/7 where I grew up, and the first time I saw The Wall, well heard it is more precise, I was 12 I think. And it left an incredible imprint on my life, to this day, I regard it as the strongest "piece of modern work", and I call it work, since I can not call it music or art, for me it is something completely above everything on its scale.

But originally the music I listened to, which I found myself, was metal. This was when I was around 14-16, and it worked great, since teenage angst, and metal is perfect for that.

Now if you are still reading this, warning, I by no means am insulting metal in the next paragraph, it is a subjective opinion. Okay? okay...anyway. When I hit 16, that music did not cut it anymore, since the teenage angst kinda went away. For me metal, to this day I think that, it is a music with an incredible amount of emotion and feeling, however I can no longer find a direction for it. That is what turned me off it now. But it was great when I was a teenage, since I did not have a direction either.

The I discovered Pink Floyd, which was the first music I have ever heard, with such a strong "boy meets idea" mentality. To this day I am amazed by it.

In the past few days, I started thinking about doing some original songs, and start messing around with lyrics, and ironically, as much as I love blues, the first thing that comes to my mind, is an attempt to write "political songs" or "social commentary" stuff, because of how much I am influenced by the persona and works of Roger Waters.

I will probably still end up, trying a blues song, but that is still more natural for me, when it comes to words, ironically enough.

On the other side, I spend a lot of time, when I was younger with my grant parents, and they listened to a lot of Russian bards artists. And that, plus I had some records when I was really young, f the under-ground rock-n-roll from Saint-Petersburg, it still is somewhere in my veins.

That is still in my system, and part of which I had such an easy time grabbing the blues into me, especially Robert Johnson works, and old 1930 acoustic blues, since it had the same impact and sound almost. Those 3 chord songs, about a broken heart.

I still regard myself incredibly connected to blues, and that is my go to place, since that is the strongest thing I can relate with now-a-days, the never ending story of "Boy meets girl".

But now-a-days, looking at what I play and what I enjoy, I can see all those things, my childhood and the household, mixed with experiences and break ups, and mental f**k ups, abuses of substance to remove the problems, all that kinda is still there under the surface.

And it is great, because I found a way to deal with it and be at piece, not by ignoring it, but actually calling on it.

With my playing the guitar, and my singing, as awful as it is, it isnt just words for me, since every time I play, I can tap into that ocean of all those things and experiences and just draw on it and use it. And that is the magical thing about it.

The other day, I was at a friends place, and he had a guitar, I started playing since I was bored and singing "Me and the Devil", in the middle of the song I forgot the words, but I just kept on playing, and singing my own stuff. And it worked, because it came from the same place as the original song.

Even though the lyrics were wrong, it was still right, since its a "boy meets girls" story, and I have so much of it, I do not need someone elses lyrics for that.

If you listen to Rambling on My Mind that I did, I can count around 10 music theory mistakes there, which should not be there, but it does not matter if its right or wrong, its the place it comes from.

-------End of my story----

So you see, all those things are there, and they are great, since you can always call on them, and they are also pure. And it is wonderful, since its part of YOUR mark, its is YOUR creation and YOUR approach and not just "here is musically correct patterns developed by a soulless machine"

Well....this reply escalated quickly......

I had Pink Floyd. My father is a huge fan of Roger Waters's works, and that was also the first music I really was impressed by.

Oky, wall of text incoming about my childhood, so if you are interested you can skip it. :D

As I said, Dark Side of the Moon was playing 24/7 where I grew up, and the first time I saw The Wall, well heard it is more precise, I was 12 I think. And it left an incredible imprint on my life, to this day, I regard it as the strongest "piece of modern work", and I call it work, since I can not call it music or art, for me it is something completely above everything on its scale.

But originally the music I listened to, which I found myself, was metal. This was when I was around 14-16, and it worked great, since teenage angst, and metal is perfect for that.

Now if you are still reading this, warning, I by no means am insulting metal in the next paragraph, it is a subjective opinion. Okay? okay...anyway. When I hit 16, that music did not cut it anymore, since the teenage angst kinda went away. For me metal, to this day I think that, it is a music with an incredible amount of emotion and feeling, however I can no longer find a direction for it. That is what turned me off it now. But it was great when I was a teenage, since I did not have a direction either.

The I discovered Pink Floyd, which was the first music I have ever heard, with such a strong "boy meets idea" mentality. To this day I am amazed by it.

In the past few days, I started thinking about doing some original songs, and start messing around with lyrics, and ironically, as much as I love blues, the first thing that comes to my mind, is an attempt to write "political songs" or "social commentary" stuff, because of how much I am influenced by the persona and works of Roger Waters.

I will probably still end up, trying a blues song, but that is still more natural for me, when it comes to words, ironically enough.

On the other side, I spend a lot of time, when I was younger with my grant parents, and they listened to a lot of Russian bards artists. And that, plus I had some records when I was really young, f the under-ground rock-n-roll from Saint-Petersburg, it still is somewhere in my veins.

That is still in my system, and part of which I had such an easy time grabbing the blues into me, especially Robert Johnson works, and old 1930 acoustic blues, since it had the same impact and sound almost. Those 3 chord songs, about a broken heart.

I still regard myself incredibly connected to blues, and that is my go to place, since that is the strongest thing I can relate with now-a-days, the never ending story of "Boy meets girl".

But now-a-days, looking at what I play and what I enjoy, I can see all those things, my childhood and the household, mixed with experiences and break ups, and mental f**k ups, abuses of substance to remove the problems, all that kinda is still there under the surface.

And it is great, because I found a way to deal with it and be at piece, not by ignoring it, but actually calling on it.

With my playing the guitar, and my singing, as awful as it is, it isnt just words for me, since every time I play, I can tap into that ocean of all those things and experiences and just draw on it and use it. And that is the magical thing about it.

The other day, I was at a friends place, and he had a guitar, I started playing since I was bored and singing "Me and the Devil", in the middle of the song I forgot the words, but I just kept on playing, and singing my own stuff. And it worked, because it came from the same place as the original song.

Even though the lyrics were wrong, it was still right, since its a "boy meets girls" story, and I have so much of it, I do not need someone elses lyrics for that.

If you listen to Rambling on My Mind that I did, I can count around 10 music theory mistakes there, which should not be there, but it does not matter if its right or wrong, its the place it comes from.

-------End of my story----

So you see, all those things are there, and they are great, since you can always call on them, and they are also pure. And it is wonderful, since its part of YOUR mark, its is YOUR creation and YOUR approach and not just "here is musically correct patterns developed by a soulless machine"

Well....this reply escalated quickly......
Yes, Pink Floyd are terrific :D I don't know all of their songs....but Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb, Money as examples, are terrific :) I don't mind some Metal....depends on the song I guess! Funny how our music tastes can change sometimes.
I'm really looking forward to hearing one of your original songs...no matter what genre :p It will be interesting to hear!!

Back