Subscribers going up and down and up and down and down again and then up......And then down again!

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
So I have been around 3880 subscribers for what seems like ages now. The counter is going up and down and down and up over and over again from about 3880 to 3889 or so. And this has beenn going on for about a month or so???

Why is that? Is it because I bought subscribers once and should I NOT have done that?:)
If you had a far lower subscriber count it would be quite normal to spend a long period of time with your subs gaining and then losing one or two a day. It is unusual with a sub count of 3,880 though...leading me to ask; How many subscribers did you buy?
If you bought 3000, then your real count is at about 880, and the loss and gain of subs is normal.
Very bad move buying subscribers though... there are no short cuts to a successful channel!
Lesson learned I will never buy subs again:) (if that is the case and problem of course)
NO!....NO!...NOT "if that is the case".
JUST DON'T DO IT :eeks:

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you had a far lower subscriber count it would be quite normal to spend a long period of time with your subs gaining and then losing one or two a day. It is unusual with a sub count of 3,880 though...leading me to ask; How many subscribers did you buy?
If you bought 3000, then your real count is at about 880, and the loss and gain of subs is normal.
Very bad move buying subscribers though... there are no short cuts to a successful channel!
I have no idea how many I bought but it was a long time ago when I did not know better:) I bought some services on fiverr from guys telling they could help me out. I actually made a video about that (how to go viral on Youtube) telling about all this fake s**t many of us fall for in the beginning. THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS and that´s just the way it is;)

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, that's happening for me, too, lol. They had really similar numbers for a while, but I've seen them differ by quite a lot for the last month or two... Maybe YouTube is trying to consolidate to the new studio and running into trouble based on what sub numbers to look at?? I dunno... I wouldn't get too caught up in the subscriber numbers unless there's a really big negative reaction to a video. I think of subscriber numbers as a vanity statistic -- watchtime seems to be the statistic that matters the most on YouTube atm... :eek:
WOOOW Finally someone who thinks the same way I do! Yes, I totally agree with you.
Apart from getting some perks/benefits, the number of subscribers is just a vanity number at this point. The algorithm doesn't take it into account, YouTube doesn't care about your channel to be honest. They only focus on 2 stats when you upload a video. As you explained, and allow me to complement your answer, Watchtime/AR and CTR are the two most important stats at the moment. A recent study actually showed that YouTube is recommending longer videos.

** There's also a weird trend where YouTube is recommending OLD videos or 90-180 days old videos for some reason. I see this has happened to users in this forum including me. YouTube recommended a 90 days old video that went from 10K views to 100K views in a week, so don't lose hope in your old videos and always improve the thumbnail if you can!

Here are the benefits I was talking about until 100.000 subs, please let me know if I'm missing one (or if I made a mistake) and consider I'm not including the benefits YouTube gives in the YouTube Creators webpage

100 - Custom URL
1000 - Monetisation Review + 4K hours
2000 - I believe they will enable the Community Tab but not sure if this is meant to be for everyone in the future at 1k subs
5000 - Access to FameBit
10000 - Merch with Teespring that will appear in your videos
30000 - Join Button to accept Memberships
100000 - Silver Play Button and Personalised designs from Teespring

Last edited:
Reactions: KatyAdelson

ToxicTabasco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's better than normal. And a lot better than me, I lose about 25 to 30% subscribers each month. In other words, for every 3 to 4 subs, I lose 1 mostly in the "other" category. And I never cheated buying subs.

Mrstally

Reaction score
Be thankful you have what you have, I’ve dreamed about doing YouTube, and am consistently posting, but only have 98 subs.

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
So I have been around 3880 subscribers for what seems like ages now. The counter is going up and down and down and up over and over again from about 3880 to 3889 or so. And this has beenn going on for about a month or so???

Why is that? Is it because I bought subscribers once and should I NOT have done that?:)
Hi dave2017, i wached your video, your animation amaze me a lot, my channel also use powerpoint, but i don't know how to make it as you did, can you teach me a little bit.

thank you in advance.

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm still having the same problem now. I had huge growth in the first 4 months of my channel, then it slowed down for the next 3 months, and in the last month I've been losing quite a bit. I've lost about 100 in the last month and I don't know if it's a YouTube purge or if I did something people don't like.
And I never bought any subs, it grew organically.