Starting YouTube as a living?

So in theory Kyrie needs to be less awesome than you. :p

Well thankfully I don't rely on YouTube to pay my expenses, or I'd be homeless right now ... (I've earned a whopping total of $30 with my channel, after 1.5 years ... LOL).

Seeing as how I filmed for 10 hours on different collabs on Wednesday... if I had to do that each day I think I'd last a month before quitting haha.

If I could do my channel full time, I would do daily videos, have a full crew for lighting, filming editing, writing and actors. We would do larger production sketches and I'd include more special effects stuff.

I would take on the role of producer.

And hopefully I'd be able to make enough where I can pay each member of my crew at least 4k a month.

So in theory Kyrie needs to be less awesome than you. :p

Nah. Just less commercial and mainstream...

Seeing as how I filmed for 10 hours on different collabs on Wednesday... if I had to do that each day I think I'd last a month before quitting haha.

If I could do my channel full time, I would do daily videos, have a full crew for lighting, filming editing, writing and actors. We would do larger production sketches and I'd include more special effects stuff.

I would take on the role of producer.

And hopefully I'd be able to make enough where I can pay each member of my crew at least 4k a month.

Well, there is still quiet a long way to go from making a living to being able to feed a "full crew" (whatever "full" means). A long time of barely making a living while going 24/7...

Well, there is still quiet a long way to go from making a living to being able to feed a "full crew" (whatever "full" means). A long time of barely making a living while going 24/7...

Go big or go home haha.

I wouldn't quit my career and do YouTube full time unless if that was the situation. Even if my channel was making my current annual salary, it'll be too risky to just quit and do it full time.

Go big or go home haha.

I wouldn't quit my career and do YouTube full time unless if that was the situation. Even if my channel was making my current annual salary, it'll be too risky to just quit and do it full time.

Problem with that is: You don't get to level 3 without playing level 2 and level 2 isn't a part time job. But, there isn't anything bad about keeping it more on a hobby level, of course.

Besides just letting your channel grow, what would you do if given full time? How would you divide your time (40 hours per week, 8 per day).. What would you do to MAKE SURE you made enough money to keep you going.

For me I would make one video a day, because it normally takes me a week..

How about you?

The sad thing is I actually do have FULL time to work on my youtube channel, currently unemployed and not going to school. alrite heres how my days usually go; I usually sleep in till 12PM-1PM, Editing a video takes me an hour or two (depending on the video of course) so usually done editing at 3pm. It takes another hour for PPro to convert a video into youtube format (again depends on length of the video) AND for youtube to process it when its uploading.

By the time this is all done, I FINALLY take a break to eat something/watch some youtube videos/play something.

Around 7-9PM I am promoting my videos everywhere, twitter, google+, here of course, neoseeker forums, steam, etc.

9PM-10Pm -Watch TV lol, The Voice, Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef, Netflix, etc.

10:30PM -11:00 PM - Plan out waht to play on my stream

11:00PM - 3:00 AM (Varies slightly) Do my Livestream on Twitch!

3:00AM - 5:00AM (sometimes 6am) Record videos.

Rinse and Repeat!

Problem with that is: You don't get to level 3 without playing level 2 and level 2 isn't a part time job. But, there isn't anything bad about keeping it more on a hobby level, of course.

You are practical, I'm assuming I make a video like how Animals Eat and go super viral.

Back