Other Starting a Youtube Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in this and it seems like a good idea but music, gaming, vlogging and channels alike advertising each other doesn't make sense to me... I can't imagine someone watching for example, Shane Dawson wanting to watch someone do covers or watch a couple of people do let's plays and walkthroughs

That's why I thought of having one big channel for all the people involved, that was you can just link to the channel and people can look at all the content available and chose what to watch rather than just linking to one specific channel

That's why I thought of having one big channel for all the people involved, that was you can just link to the channel and people can look at all the content available and chose what to watch rather than just linking to one specific channel
That could work out.
If you have something such as a dedicated advertising channel for little channels, with some unique content of its own.

Hey guys, recently I have been wondering if a group of us could start something on YouTube where we are part of a company (Example: Supertubers) and we basically advertise each other. It wouldn't have to be big. You could simply mention their name or put their channel in the description. We could even have like a logo at the beginning or end of our videos to make us look more official. I would like to start this but I don't know anyone on YouTube yet. So who would like to be interested?

From the sounds of it, it sounds like something along the lines of Normal Boots. But instead of just advertising each other, what would the channel/ youtube company offer? I don't think many people would sub to just a channel marketing company. :)

Not bashing this idea btw, I'm actually really interested :biggrin:

From the sounds of it, it sounds like something along the lines of Normal Boots. But instead of just advertising each other, what would the channel/ youtube company offer? I don't think many people would sub to just a channel marketing company. :)

Not bashing this idea btw, I'm actually really interested :biggrin:
The Normal boots comparison, was the first thing I thought of also.

This sounds great, count me in, As far as a logo, and a name, it would be a little difficult given the diversity we may have. I do Challenges, and short films, and music videos. Me promoting a gaming channel may be a little weird. what were some more of your thoughts about like... uniting all of us?

I too am interested in this idea, depending on what it would actually involve. If there anyway we can discuss this? (either in a chat somewhere or in a skype call)

This sounds like a really good idea! I would definitely like to take part if you are still looking for people. I do mostly vlogs and talk about anything that I happen to be thinking about.
My biggest concern is how to unite such a wide variety of channel types. Maybe have a playlist for vlogs, music, gaming, etc. and post a link to a video from a related playlist?

Hey guys, recently I have been wondering if a group of us could start something on YouTube where we are part of a company (Example: Supertubers) and we basically advertise each other. It wouldn't have to be big. You could simply mention their name or put their channel in the description. We could even have like a logo at the beginning or end of our videos to make us look more official. I would like to start this but I don't know anyone on YouTube yet. So who would like to be interested?
im in but do wee all need the same content

Well, I do not know about you guys, but in my case the "what to watch" section is broken as hell.
It always shows stuff I have seen like 50 times as "you should check it out", so if that is the case not only for me, than it is possible to take advantage of the situation, to go "hey look you interested in new stuff, come here".

Plus, from what I can see YTtalk has a core community, which is quite large, which if you can funnel that somehow either to a common large playlist, or a website, linked through youtube, that can potentially be an interesting idea.

Creating a grid of some sorts, which can do that. To some degree, what originally "polaris" and originally "tgs" channels were made to be, before you know, they drop the idea.

I think the idea of having different playlists for different types of videos would be a good idea and as a name why not something like 'The MVG Group' (The Music, Vlog and Gaming Group) It sounds quite good I think and you could just have a link like 'check out videos by the other members of the MGV Group?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back