Sony Vegas Crashes at Initializing GPU Accelerated Video Processing

Good to see problems being resolved:) Dealing with something no one has an answer to( by that I mean google) is the worst!

I had been suffering from this problem ever since reinstalling Windows the other day but I finally found the solution out to my problem.

Every time I started Vegas I was getting an error and it wouldn't start up at all, it would get to Initializing GPU Accelerated Video Processing and then crash. I tried all sorts trying to get it working again but to no avail.

The solution was very simple, I had to go to Control Panel> Programs and Features and right click on the AMD Catalyst Manager and then click change, the uninstaller/repairer comes up, from there choose to uninstall manager and then proceed with what looks like the normal installer for the drivers, choose custom not express. Then proceed to check the SDK App and the one that mentions video transcoding, you can leave the catalyst control center and any audio drivers installed.

Once done your Vegas should load up as normal. This was a pain for me to figure out, I thought I would share this, I hope this helps someone out there with the same problem and prevents any headaches.

A lesson for the future, never install AMD drivers using the express option and check anything off that isnt needed.
If your capable, I make it a habit never to use express installs or setup for anything. I always use custom. This way I know exactly whats on my Windows machine and it also minimizes the amount of bloatware or added crap like browser toolbars being installed. Good find Michael, this should help a great many and is something I will keep in mind when Catalyst is creating issues. ;)

I had been suffering from this problem ever since reinstalling Windows the other day but I finally found the solution out to my problem.

Michael, thank you very much for posting this! This fixed my problem completely. Never would have thought of selectively removing components.

Cheers

Michael, i have a problem! When i´m installing the driver at the Catalyst Software, the program crashes at the "Analyze" process. It stops when it says "Enumerating source media for installable packages...".
Help me please!

Michael, i have a problem! When i´m installing the driver at the Catalyst Software, the program crashes at the "Analyze" process. It stops when it says "Enumerating source media for installable packages...".
Help me please!

I have never had that problem before with it, is this installing the software on a new Windows installation? If so I would try contacting them for support :)

Back