Somebody copied my thumbnail design :(

I don't see a big issue for your channel as he uses a different colour scheme. So just move on.

I don't see a big issue for your channel as he uses a different colour scheme. So just move on.
The colour is not an issue at all. He could of used the exact colour, font, face/emoji, texture... Its the shape. I'm pretty bad at designing thumbnails, and the shape around it is the only thing that makes them stand out in search results, so the fact somebody has used it is what is annpying. I get saying its an exact replica isn't true, and as somebody else said I have not really got a case to argue but its still annoying

D
It took me a lot of time to design this thumbnail, which is really unique about my channel :/ Somebody subbed to me the other day, so I checked them out and they have started to use the exact same thumbnails as me. I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do about this, but yeah It kind of sucks...
does he have more subs than you do?

Also epic design, I've tried something similar but making it a circle with my logo and then some text beneath it, did you do yours in PS?

D

does he have more subs than you do?

Also epic design, I've tried something similar but making it a circle with my logo and then some text beneath it, did you do yours in PS?
Nah he is a smaller channel. I had a discussion with him and he was quite cool about it, said he would changed them which was nice of him. Thanks mate, and the circle design sounds like a really good idea! Yeah in Photoshop CS6

It took me a lot of time to design this thumbnail, which is really unique about my channel :/ Somebody subbed to me the other day, so I checked them out and they have started to use the exact same thumbnails as me. I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do about this, but yeah It kind of sucks...

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. It sucks, but at the same time, I wouldn't get too worked up about it. These things happen and it's not going to negatively impact your own channel.

I'm sorry but I'm still not seeing the big issue? I made my thumbnails with a vignette, doesn't mean everyone who uses a vignette is copying me.[emoji14]

The colour is not an issue at all. He could of used the exact colour, font, face/emoji, texture... Its the shape. I'm pretty bad at designing thumbnails, and the shape around it is the only thing that makes them stand out in search results, so the fact somebody has used it is what is annpying. I get saying its an exact replica isn't true, and as somebody else said I have not really got a case to argue but its still annoying

Sadly that isnt enough to claim copyright.
1.) It is same way that Apple tried to "copyright" iPhone design (touchscreen rectangle) - not gonna work/happen
2.) Are you 110% super-duper sure you are the first one to come with this design? Because I have feeling like I have seen something very similar once on one youtube channel long time ago

Such a cool idea fora thumbnail, if this wasn't a thread about you being upset that someone had copied the design I would be totally tempted.

Nobody ever stole my thumbnail design, do you know why? It was bland, uninspired, and actually pretty ugly.

What you created was very good in a lot of regards, for that you should be proud - also it is said that imitation is the highest form of flattery.

It is a shame that you don't get to protect yourself somehow I guess.

Back