Some Questions About Monetization

Sanuku

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Fair enough. ^_^ Thanks very much for the link; it's very helpful to wrapping my head around all this stuff.
Look. If it would be that easy to put the hole YouTube Monetizing Process into a nutshell you would see like hundreds YouTube Monetizing for Dummies Books on Amazon. Now guess why it isn`t that Case?

What does work for me won`t work for you - And we tried a lot...

We did took two YouTube Channels that get around 10+ Million Views each Month and over a time frame of more then five Months (January 2011 - June 2011) we did tried out every single Monetizing Tip that we found in Books/YouTube Forums/... with the result that none of those over 300 Hints had actually an significant impact on the among of revenue at any Point over a Time Frame of five Months.

So there is nothing that I could do to increase my revenue that does actually work 100%?

The only increase in revenue did appear when we started to communicate with the audience and asked what they wanted to see on the YouTube Channels and did improved or changed what they had asked for.

Your audience is the key to your success so treat it well...

ArtOrAut

I've Got It
Reaction score
Okie dokie now, while I do appreciate your assistance, and your advice- though I'm really standing by the fact that your initial foray into this thread wasn't exactly one designed to elicit a positive response- I should point out that I wasn't asking why I didn't have ten thousand subscribers after two weeks. I wasn't asking why my seven-hundred-odd channel views wasn't making me seven-hundred-odd dollars. I wasn't even asking whether or not I could become partnered to a network that would let me draw in a wider audience, or how to get me more money per view.

All I was asking was about the nuts and bolts of the monetization system, what made it work, why there seems to be such a time lag in different components for the Analytics and Video Manager page, and why there WAS such a massive difference in income rates for videos that were all, essentially, audio commentaries. Not why there wasn't many Views coming in, but why the monetary figures that kept coming Out seemed disproportionate to what I had been told...

And, since there seems to have been a misunderstanding here, I should add that when I wrote this thread, it wasn't disproportionate to my disadvantage. The income rate is significantly higher, on average, than two-fifty. By all interpretation, I therefore shouldn't have looked a gift horse in the mouth, right? But just because I was making more than I expected, didn't mean I wasn't still curious as to why that was the case. So here I came with what I had actually thought was a question that wouldn't insult people so extensively.

Frankly, I'm pleased as punch with the way things are. I'm slowly crawling my way to more subscribers; a small amount, yes, but ones who often provide positive feedback and with whom I can chat cheerfully with in between videos. While it'd be nice to find that a commentary I make rakes in De Big Bucks, it's not going to do me much good if I can't get people drawn into my content, and I've been told more than once that I'm at my best when it's something that gets my ire going. Something I'm passionate about. So even if the most profitable video subject in existence turns out to be Peach Farming in New Zealand, I'm sticking to what I know, and what I enjoy. Otherwise, what's the point?

Again, I do appreciate that you're trying to help, but you seem to have misunderstood my reason for asking all this. I'm asking about monetization because, end of the day, none of my content is trademarked, which means I don't have to worry about drawing YouTube's wrath, and therefore I get the, er, joy of throwing myself into this bureaucratic mess on day one with no prior experience. The questions I had were, for the most part, answered to my satisfaction, as my second post to the first two who replied indicated, and your first post really didn't contribute anything new but to criticize me for daring to bring this subject up.

But is it really so terrible that I want to know a little more about this system I'm supposed to rely on for information? Is something wrong with our current society when someone immediately decides 'Breathing The Word Money Is Bad, Anyone Who Breathes The Word Money Is Bad, Shame On Them, Tsk Tsk Tsk.'?