Small and big Youtuber's don't play by the same rules.

Will you stop saying in the EU, I live there i think I know and my older brother recently got a b in a level maths, and I just asked him and the comma does in no way mean a decimal point.
It depends on which country you are. Commas are used as a decimal sign in my country, Romania.

10,500 means ten and 1/2, not ten thousand and five hundred.

They asked everyone to answer a little feedback thingy on Google forums, I got a mail about it. I also mailed Youtube asking about the results of the survey, since I couldn't believe that a majority voted One Channel, and (after long amounts of waiting) their support email finally came back to me.

And as for my copyright thing, it might be because they didn't genuinely take a look at it with the small channel, however they assesed that my videos weren't breaking the rules enough to be taken down (yet they got taken down on a small account)

The only thing the survey tells you is that people satisfied with onechannel didn't vote.

As a small channel, even if you're with a network, if you upload something copyrighted you will most likely recieve a copyright strike
Wait, what? Aren't networks supposed to protect you from this kind of stuff? I mean, notify you to delete your video or have it monetized for the author of the copyrighted content... instead of receiving a copyright strike?

Please, someone clarify this for me. Some people wrote on their blogs that this is what networks are supposed to do... :alien2:

The only thing the survey tells you is that people satisfied with onechannel didn't vote.

It wasn't about satisfaction, it was whether or not you thought it was better than the old design (you had to tell them which things you thought were better/worse, and at the end there was a question with which one you prefer, you could answer old channel design, one channel, or don't care)[DOUBLEPOST=1369764732,1369763140][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait, what? Aren't networks supposed to protect you from this kind of stuff? I mean, notify you to delete your video or have it monetized for the author of the copyrighted content... instead of receiving a copyright strike?

Please, someone clarify this for me. Some people wrote on their blogs that this is what networks are supposed to do... :alien2:

Just because you have a network you still can't upload copyrighted content.

Will you stop saying in the EU, I live there i think I know and my older brother recently got a b in a level maths, and I just asked him and the comma does in no way mean a decimal point.

Dude no, I live in europe too (I'm english) by europe I mean mainland europe, it's cos in spanish the two are reversed so it became mainstream to use either.

if you upload copyrighted content like music, tv shows you are at risk of getting copyright strike unless if you have permission to the copyright holder etc.. Example if you use music by UMG you are in big trouble even if you are with a network, that's why some networks offer free royalty music to use.

Back