Signs of Botting on YouTube Videos

Arwin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Comedian
Thanks for the advice.
I hope it won't happen to me. it causes only trouble what you're not asking for.

TheSuperFunArt

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
there are many things you had mentioned that I didn't know about! thanks for posting this, it's a very helpful article.

TripleGemini

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just found this thread after I googled about video botting because someone is doing it to one of my videos that was uploaded 3 days ago and then today I noticed a sudden change a day after someone disliked it. It's stupid when people do this...

Reactions: Michael

petr_ind

Reaction score
What we should do? Do we have to report it? or copy the technique?

MeLikeBigBoom

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Back in my olden days I had a video of mine with no doubt botted by someone. Luckily it was only 4k views overnight but interestingly the audience retention wasn't 5-10%, it was consistently 100%. You might want to put that in the post as well. Additionally, the demographics showed it primarily came from US and UK as well, more cover-up apparently? Anyway, I luckily had no further issues. The video wasn't monetized in the first place, and I contacted my partnership at the time. Be careful out there!

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
If someone botted my channel, then I won't really care, I would rather keep making videos, encourage them to do more, once they're tired, they will stop by themselves :D

ThePythnator

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Great guide! It's happened to me a couple times but I had a lot of trouble handling it. I hope it won't happen again, but thanks for the advice!

dillonsup

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Now i know about the transformers botters in discuss i can't spel today sry bout dat

Brickpro

GFX artist, Tech Reviewer, VFX!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Designer, Other
This is great!, I got two HUGE spikes I.E. 300+ Views a day, I figured out that they were from Reddit and another site, I wish I could get the spike again. :p