Signs of Botting on YouTube Videos

This thread was very helpful, I didn't even think about botting when I made my channel. Now that I'm aware I'll be sure to keep a watchful eye on things.

Thx for this! My channel looks botted because I made a new channel and my subs subbed to it so my sub to view ratio is terrible!

I love the fact that some people claim they aren't botting stuff, while they have disabled analytics for public view for those videos. If you have done nothing wrong, why are you hiding it? I'm sure there are some people like that over here in the community, although I won't be calling names.

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. I was aware of botting, but had no idea there was such a thing as spam botting. Scary.

VERY INTERESTING,a friend of my friend decided to watch his vidos and clicked on all the ads,it got him banned[DOUBLEPOST=1383174132,1383174015][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was the "victim" of an inexperienced view bot user, it was never more than 300-500 views per video? I actually found out who it was (he told me) and at first, he said he was trying to help my channel grow... After I told him to please stop, that he wasn't helping anything, he said sure. Views went to a normal rate for a few days and suddenly a few of my videos were getting a lot of views again... I asked him if it was him, he was hostile towards me and said he wanted to get my channel shut down... I just disabled my monetization (fear of clickbombing), ignored him everywhere I had contact with him and after a week or two, it all stopped. I haven't heard from him since.

Views that come from browsers with Adblock also count as mobile views, for whatever reason. :confused:
so was it a friend or some one on line

I got botted a year ago which made me end up losing my adsense account and had to move to a new channel. I was getting some pretty decent views and some adsense income every month too. :(

Excellent post! Thanks for sharing!
One of my videos has 5500+ views but 28 comments or so. Is it botted? Because it rose overnight and went back to normal the next day, but it gained like 20 likes or something...

Thanks,
SupaFlashFist

Excellent post! Thanks for sharing!
One of my videos has 5500+ views but 28 comments or so. Is it botted? Because it rose overnight and went back to normal the next day, but it gained like 20 likes or something...

Thanks,
SupaFlashFist
Look at the analytics and look at #2-4 on signs of bottling. If it fits those 3 signs, it's most likely botted.

Holy mother I didn't even know this was possible.
Why the hell would someone take so much time and effort out their day to do such nonsense.

Back