• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 33 100.0%

• Total voters

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Wazzzzzup Everyone =)

So my channel has about 10,000 page views but I have a low sub count and don't understand how that works? Are most of those views my own from watching the video a few times and adding annotations and cards and stuff or are those page views from random people and my subscribers? If anyone can explain this that be great =)

NOW should i hide my low number of subscribers that I have? I feel like if a random regular person who is on youtube a lot like myself comes across my video and let's say likes my vlogs BUT sees how low my sub count is will automatically not subscribe to me =( But since I have about 10,000 page views and if I hide my sub count and let's say someone goes on my about page and sees that I have 10,000 page views, maybe they will think I have that many subscribers and subscribe to me since some people only subscribe to people with high sub count -_-

Have you guys tested this out? Did you hide your sub number and wait till? Did you see a difference at all? Or do you think it's better to keep the sub number open so your subscribers can watch you grow =) i like that idea but like i said i feel like someone who might like your stuff wont subscriber because your number is low?

Sorry if this is long and my writing skills are not good but I think a lot like to talk =D Thanks

I haven't experimented with this idea myself, but I know others here have, so hopefully they can shine more of a light on it. From a personal perspective though, hiding a sub count wouldn't encourage nor dissuade me particularly from subscribing to someone. I would find it a bit odd though to see it hidden, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker - but on the flipside, it's not going to make me more likely to subscribe either. That's just my own personal opinion, of course!

I experimented with this; for about 3 months, I turned my sub count off. I saw no noticeable difference in growth in that time, to be honest. I was getting the same plaltry amount of subs I would've gotten anyway, so I'm not sure there's much of an argument to be made for doing it.

My impression is that turning the sub count off does about the same as having a low subscriber count. So it doesn't hurt when you are small but may be a bad idea when you are already big as high sub counts may make people interested.

Most of the people are not retarded and know when someone hides subs it's because current count is low, disables likes because many dislikes, disables comments because hate on this section flowing too much related to creators content. And thinking that someone comes to channel, sees channel view count and thinks that channel view count and subscribers count is 1:1 ratio, then he/she is at the age of making first steps on this planet without holding hand of the parent.
Throw out the window this idea.
I made a new channel (2 weeks old) related to mobile phone games, i have 7 subscribers there and i'm very happy to show it off when someone comes...
I did my best here discouraging you from hiding your current followers number hehe, hope i wasn't too mean about it, all for the best.

Mine are hidden just now but I'm thinking about changing that. The only thing that I'll miss about hiding it though is the conversations I have with my friends. The way that some of them have talked about my channel, I think they think my sub count is a lot higher than what it is which is a compliment I suppose.

Back