Self promotion

Tritega

I've Got It
Reaction score
The biggest way to get subs/views is getting your video shares on Social Media :)

AirDion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally use reddit. The best way to use it is to be a part of the community that you want to post to. I find that people are more likely to be nice if you're part of the community. Also the subreddit r/NewTubers is a good community for smaller YouTubers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
No matter the platform you go for promotion, what is important is linking back to a video or your channel....You can start from this platform...you just lost a view to your channel because the link to your channel is not working...just helping

Reactions: ohlucio

ohlucio

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just be careful with Reddit though! The users there can be ruthless if they feel wronged! Or when they feel that you spam your videos.
So I can recommend using Reddit as any other forum, comment and earn their trust before posting your videos! When you do so, they will be more tolerant of seeing your videos!
Thank you for your advice. I will certainly keep it in mind. ;););)[DOUBLEPOST=1493867497,1493867068][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just be careful with Reddit though! The users there can be ruthless if they feel wronged! Or when they feel that you spam your videos.
So I can recommend using Reddit as any other forum, comment and earn their trust before posting your videos! When you do so, they will be more tolerant of seeing your videos!
Hi thanks a lot for your advice. I will certainly keep it in mind;););)

ohlucio

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally use reddit. The best way to use it is to be a part of the community that you want to post to. I find that people are more likely to be nice if you're part of the community. Also the subreddit r/NewTubers is a good community for smaller YouTubers.

to be part of a community! great, thanks.

pupandie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I will try this one .. thanks for the subreddit details

Luscid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I also think that reddit is a great platform for promoting your videos BUT only if you know how to use it! As many users have pointed out it's really important to become a part of the community before posting your own content. I've recently read these 2 topic about reddit here on yttalk - they might be helpful to you if you are new to reddit
Edit: I can't post the links to the topics I don't know why but those are the titles:
Overall growth guide for new/small channels.
The smart dingus guide to Reddit.
you will easily find them

pupandie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Luscid .. great channel you have there :up2: .. I might stop there to know more about linguistics

btw .. How did you add the live subscribe button for the entire length of your videos ?

Luscid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Luscid .. great channel you have there :up2: .. I might stop there to know more about linguistics

btw .. How did you add the live subscribe button for the entire length of your videos ?

Thanks! It's actually about science not only linguistics :)
About the live subscription button - it's called watermark and you can add it through Creator studio -> Channel -> Branding. You can add a simple Subscribe image or your personalized text/logo. If you have a problem with it search for "subscribe watermark" on youtube - there are plenty of videos :)

Edward Thomas

Reaction score
As much as people hate self promotion. I was watching a podcast with TGF who have 2.5 million subscribers, they said when they started they would spend hours a day commenting on peoples videos and did this until they had 50k subscribers before letting their channel grow naturally kind of through a snowball effect. This shows that self promoting, even if annoying really does work if you're willing to actually put time into it and instead of straight spamming, commenting on videos properly.