Schedule vs No Schedule

Actually.. We are on a schedule and since we started doing it our views and subs have increased.

One thing is people like routine.. They will come back and watch old videos.. We are still getting views on videos we did last year. Often a T.V. series goes away when the schedule is constantly changing.. like one week its on a Friday then it is moved to Sunday then Tuesday.. People don't know when to watch. When we went on a schedule we went from 30 subs to 150 in a matter of weeks.

TV and youtube are pretty different. With TV, you are expected to have a schedule and new episodes once a week.

With youtube you can expect anything really.

I don't really like schedules. I just upload usually when I feel the time is right/I'm bored/I feel like it/I want to. I don't like schedules too much. Videos will appear on your subscriber's feeds anyways.

TV and youtube are pretty different. With TV, you are expected to have a schedule and new episodes once a week.

With youtube you can expect anything really.

Yes I know they are different... but both try to create and maintain an audience or following... When you are trying to build something humans by nature gravitate towards order... Even... Anarchists set dates for their protests. (which goes against anarchy)

Yes I know they are different... but both try to create and maintain an audience or following... When you are trying to build something humans by nature gravitate towards order... Even... Anarchists set dates for their protests. (which goes against anarchy)

"Anarchists set dates for their protests. (which goes against anarchy)"
LOL Oh the irony.

True true, organization is key. But I wouldn't prefer to have set days for uploading because I may not always fulfill the duty.

"Anarchists set dates for their protests. (which goes against anarchy)"
LOL Oh the irony.

True true, organization is key. But I wouldn't prefer to have set days for uploading because I may not always fulfill the duty.

It helps me cause if I don't have a schedule then I wont upload...

I think it is overall a good thing, but if you are really busy, then you might choose a spaced out schedule for uploading, like once every other week, monthly, or something like that. Personally, I do try to have a schedule for myself, but I'm rather "tentative" meaning if it's ready, it's ready, rather than rushing to get something down. If you feel that you are unable to make the deadline that you placed, you could let your audience and subscribers know so they aren't left in the dark :)

I've seen it already said here a few times, but yeah, having a schedule is mostly for yourself, to make sure you are getting content out for your viewers regularly. People don't like waiting for videos, especially if they also have to wonder how long they'll be waiting. Also, I don't know about any of you, but I rarely ever check out the channel page of someone I'm subbed to, because the videos end up in my feed. So, the 'mystery' of when a new video will be up, in my opinion, just annoys viewers rather than encourage them to pay you more attention.

Another thing, simply having a video quota for the week could be problematic as well, since you may force yourself to upload many videos in one day to meet that quota, and your videos will be competing with each other for views. That and pretty much everything everyone else arguing for schedules has said...

A schedule is good, and beneficial to what other users said above: increased amounts of views, subs... etc. The thing is, though, a lazy person like me ain't got no time fo' dat

I don't have enough of a sample size to tell if my schedule is working for my channel or not. But I honestly don't notice when my subs release their videos. Whether if it's time of day or day of the week. The most important thing is to have it released when they check their feed and that it doesn't get bumped down all day long.

Something that you will have to use twitter and facebook and other social media to communicate.

Back