Schedule vs No Schedule

laurenzside

Super Poster
So every time I'm surfing Google for ways to improve my YouTube channel, I hear this same piece of advice:

"Create a Posting Schedule"

However, I would have to disagree with that. I agree that you should have a weekly video goal to reach in terms of how many you want to put out, but I don't know how I feel about having a schedule like "New Videos Mon & Fridays!" If your viewers know they only need to check back Mondays and Fridays to see your new videos...the rest of the days your traffic is going to be slow...right?

Thoughts?

Even if you didn't upload to a schedule, wouldn't the other days you didn't upload be slow too? ;) And plus if you didn't have a schedule, your viewers won't know when you uploaded a new video.

So every time I'm surfing Google for ways to improve my YouTube channel, I hear this same piece of advice:

"Create a Posting Schedule"

However, I would have to disagree with that. I agree that you should have a weekly video goal to reach in terms of how many you want to put out, but I don't know how I feel about having a schedule like "New Videos Mon & Fridays!" If your viewers know they only need to check back Mondays and Fridays to see your new videos...the rest of the days your traffic is going to be slow...right?

Thoughts?

Yeah it's true, but I would prefer someone to tell me when you are going to upload so I know when to look for new videos.

An example is PeanutButterGamer. He has no upload schedule whatsoever and it is pretty frustrating waiting for him to make a new video, though they always end up being good

Actually.. We are on a schedule and since we started doing it our views and subs have increased.

One thing is people like routine.. They will come back and watch old videos.. We are still getting views on videos we did last year. Often a T.V. series goes away when the schedule is constantly changing.. like one week its on a Friday then it is moved to Sunday then Tuesday.. People don't know when to watch. When we went on a schedule we went from 30 subs to 150 in a matter of weeks.

True but do you check on someones channel at all i wait for my sub box, fb or twitter to watch a new video of a fav you tubers

I think uploading schedules are important, because I like to know when to look for the new videos, and like the guy above said, It's really frustrating waiting for people to make a new video if they don't have a set schedule. :stomp::banghead:

Even if you didn't upload to a schedule, wouldn't the other days you didn't upload be slow too? ;) And plus if you didn't have a schedule, your viewers won't know when you uploaded a new video.

I was implying that if you don't have a schedule, your subs have no choice but to check your channel when they are on, meaning more hits.

I was implying that if you don't have a schedule, your subs have no choice but to check your channel when they are on, meaning more hits.

I'd have to disagree with that honestly. I feel like schedules are the "back bone" of channels.

Back