ScaleLab Network - Spam?

We've been with them since august and any growth we've had has been from us not Scalelab. It's was very demotivating when I saw their false advertisement on their website and the fact they dodge the simplest of questions. There's hardly anyone in the forums and when it gets lively it's only people doing sub4subs. They have given us our optimization notes, which they one give one of (took some time though). We are a small channel, so when we are a bit bigger I think it would be time to move on.

Last edited:
Yeah I am getting 4-5 emails per week from scalelab and few similar other network/channels. Normally networks like scalelab would send you invitation to ur Dashboard but accepting that means terminating ur partnership wth ytube itself.. you can then no longer use copyrighted materials frequently in ur vids, coz ur no more partnered wth ytbe and thus ur account can get strikes. Otherwise if one is looking to monetize nd earn frm his stuffs it's ok to get partnered, but it's a little different type of MNC I guess. Not too many Multi-Network channels cause u to lose ytube partnership while signing up with them.

you can then no longer use copyrighted materials frequently in ur vids, coz ur no more partnered wth ytbe and thus ur account can get strikes.
Um... What? You aren't supposed to use copyrighted material in your videos, period. Being with an MCN doesn't not make you more (or less) susceptible to copyright issues.

You can take a look on their Network Statistics, they have about
  • 3,658 channels
  • 7,111,612 subscribers
From their YouTube Channel.

Looks like a good network, I'll try it soon.

[QUOTE="x0blade, ]

Looks like a good network, I'll try it soon.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! You'll be one more channel to add to the stats! If those numbers are your guide to a good network, then nothing else mattered in this thread.

I recently tried to Unlink from Scalelab to try and fully join Freedom, but i got sent this email a few days ago from them:

Hi Ron,
I was notified of your request to unlink from ScaleLab, and I wanted to follow up with you myself.
I'm sorry to hear that you wish to leave our network. Of course, we can get the process started right away. However, before we part ways permanently, I wanted to offer a little bit of information.
The truth is that we're the only MCN on YouTube that helps the niche channels. There are a lot of creators out there who don't have the audience they deserve, and we've made it our mission to make those voices heard. We do everything in our power to expand your fan base, drive your viewership, and increase your exposure on YouTube. We'd love to work with you one-on-one to accomplish this task. If you'd be willing to give us a second chance, I would love to set up a meeting ASAP with a Director of Channel Development to work hand in hand with you to optimize every aspect of your YouTube channel.
Once we get the chance to personally work with you and your channel, I'm sure you'll love the service we provide. :)
Hope you decide to give us a shot!
Best,
ScaleLab Network Support

I know they are trying to hold me on by the sounds of it, but i really want to leave as my channel status says i am still partnered with them, what should i do?

That's the same reaction that I got from Fullscreen when I decided to leave. It's too late. They had many months to do something about it.

All they want you to do is re-sign and you will be forgotten about again until it's time for the next contract term.

I would avoid. I've never heard of them. And you have to ask: what reputable company recruits people from Twitter?
One of my lesser channels got a recruiting YouTube PM from Scalelab last summer. If you are looking for a network that attracts major players, next to Maker Studios itself, I'd say you wouldn't be making a mistake; their front line members are all racking half a million plus in subscribership. (Attn mods: the preceding was not a recruiting attempt as I am with a totally different network!)

One of my lesser channels got a recruiting YouTube PM from Scalelab last summer. If you are looking for a network that attracts major players, next to Maker Studios itself, I'd say you wouldn't be making a mistake; their front line members are all racking half a million plus in subscribership. (Attn mods: the preceding was not a recruiting attempt as I am with a totally different network!)
ScaleLab isn't even in the top 25 in terms of having bigger channels :p

Plus, from experience, the biggest MCNs such as Maker sign channels on extortionately high deals e.g. $100K sign-on bonus to sign for a year for a channel that makes only €50,000 a year just to boost their top ranks to make them look more appealing to both buyers and smaller channels.

ScaleLab isn't even in the top 25 in terms of having bigger channels :p

Plus, from experience, the biggest MCNs such as Maker sign channels on extortionately high deals e.g. $100K sign-on bonus to sign for a year for a channel that makes only €50,000 a year just to boost their top ranks to make them look more appealing to both buyers and smaller channels.

I note that your channel icon has the name "facts" on it. Can you point me to some facts that support that last statement, as I've never heard of any network offering channels money to sign on A and B Maker's typical contract term is 2 years rather than 1?

Hmmm...your channel looks like a sub-network outlet; even more reason to ask for factual verification.

Last edited:
Back