Roughly how many views per month would I need to make $100,000 a year on youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

I am having between 180.000 and 230.000 daily, ~5.5 million per month and have nearly 50.000 subsrcibers. Do you have any idea how I can be earning by month?

Is there a reason you don't know already? Is your account not monetized? If you're looking to make a dramatic difference by switching networks, the answer is, you can't really make a huge difference. The market is what the market is. I don't even belong to a network.

Anyway, with those views you should be making 6 figures ($100k+) per year --IF most of those views are monetized, which I don't know.

Is there a reason you don't know already? Is your account not monetized? If you're looking to make a dramatic difference by switching networks, the answer is, you can't really make a huge difference. The market is what the market is. I don't even belong to a network.

Anyway, with those views you should be making 6 figures ($100k+) per year --IF most of those views are monetized, which I don't know.

I am getting only 1600USD per month [in my hands]. All the rest are taking DigDis [!] from Germany that are now refusing me to leave and change / switch network. Terrible!!!

I have no idea what kind of numbers an Austrian/German network should bring, but I hope you can get out of that network somehow.

I am getting only 1600USD per month [in my hands]. All the rest are taking DigDis [!] from Germany that are now refusing me to leave and change / switch network. Terrible!!!

If you signed a contract, then you need to uphold your part of the deal. Just be sure to find out when you can be released and make that request long in advance.

If you signed a contract, then you need to uphold your part of the deal. Just be sure to find out when you can be released and make that request long in advance.

I agree. And I did that. I've 3 and a half months ago announce that I am leaving DigDis just in term of Youtube monetization [as I am not satisfied with 70:30% at all + 10% is taking away from me as my country is not part of EU + 3-5% is taking my bank!], they wrote me back they are sorry to see me go and few days before my channel gets free - I got email from them claiming I am with them up to NEXT YEAR's date! Not this year! Now I am going to see how to break it up with them as soon as possible! They were correct up to 4-5 days ago and then they became bad [non answering emails, short emails, claiming I've sold them all my rights and to fk off until next year].

I am p****d, I am going to finish this as soon as possible!

You do know that distribution rights and YouTube partnership are different things and they'd usually be in two different contracts?

Did you sign two agreements with them? one 1-year renewing channel agreement and 1 2-year renewing distribution license?

You do know that distribution rights and YouTube partnership are different things and they'd usually be in two different contracts?
Did you sign two agreements with them? one 1-year renewing channel agreement and 1 2-year renewing distribution license?

Yes, 2 contracts but they look nearly the same, except in 1st writes: "Subject to this agreement is the exclusive exploitation of the contract products [videos] of the licencor by dig dis! upon the conditions of the agreement via You Tube..." and it lasts up to this june, while on 2nd contract writes: "Subject to this agreement is the exclusive exploitation of the contract products (music titles, albums, compilations, videos etc) of the licensor on the label "Plastic Dog" by dig dis!..." [and no Youtube mentioning] - this one they send me to sign on last year and should last up to this month, but next year!

I really hope I could get out as soon as possible.

You need like 80 million views a year to hit 100k per year if entertainment channels. If tech channels you need 30 million views per year.
That seems very off to me.. I would say it is slightly the other way around if much difference on average.

Tech channels to not tend to attract a female viewership so I am very sure on average tech channels would not have a CPM which is 250% that of entertainment channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back