Reviving a dead channel?

Hello,

I'm sure this has been asked her multiple times already but I'd still like to ask for advice on my dilemma right now, here's some information on my dead channel:
  • Grew from a shout-out from a large YouTuber (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name names)
  • Around 9k subs
  • Last video uploaded a little bit over 2 months ago and it has around 1k views (it's a really short clip of me stating I'll have a Q&A soon which never happened)

I'm hoping to start doing YT again as an outlet for the thoughts I have inside my head, my problem though is that the content I made before is quite different to the content I plan on making. I've sort of talked about it on the channel before I became inactive, and most of the people that still watched my videos seemed to be alright with it changing. I do get comments about how I didn't deserve the shout-out because of what I've been doing and it kind of hits me at times because it's partially true, I went through a rather tough time in my life and let it affect YT so I tried diversifying the videos and then eventually stopped and I feel like I let the large YTber, and those who believed in me down.

I could either start fresh or revive my channel, honestly I'm leaning towards just reviving it as I think it'll be easier to grow but my main problem is the hate I'll be receiving - yes, words on a screen affect me.

If you were in my situation what would you personally do?

I'm interested in knowing the other perspectives people have on this as it'll help me decide.

Thanks <3

Personally, keep what little momentum you have left in your YouTube ball rolling. Post an announcement video. Address the past, sweep it to one side and be completely transparent. Give the subscriebrs a reason for your absence, be honest.
Viewers value honesty and transparency.

After addressing the past and the inactivity, focus on the future of the channel and what people can expect.
Lay out exactly what you want for your channel (including when you are going to upload, etc.) and tell the subscribers that.

Then, from there, do what you love!

Back