Reviving a dead channel?

LegitHuman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm sure this has been asked her multiple times already but I'd still like to ask for advice on my dilemma right now, here's some information on my dead channel:
  • Grew from a shout-out from a large YouTuber (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name names)
  • Around 9k subs
  • Last video uploaded a little bit over 2 months ago and it has around 1k views (it's a really short clip of me stating I'll have a Q&A soon which never happened)

I'm hoping to start doing YT again as an outlet for the thoughts I have inside my head, my problem though is that the content I made before is quite different to the content I plan on making. I've sort of talked about it on the channel before I became inactive, and most of the people that still watched my videos seemed to be alright with it changing. I do get comments about how I didn't deserve the shout-out because of what I've been doing and it kind of hits me at times because it's partially true, I went through a rather tough time in my life and let it affect YT so I tried diversifying the videos and then eventually stopped and I feel like I let the large YTber, and those who believed in me down.

I could either start fresh or revive my channel, honestly I'm leaning towards just reviving it as I think it'll be easier to grow but my main problem is the hate I'll be receiving - yes, words on a screen affect me.

If you were in my situation what would you personally do?

I'm interested in knowing the other perspectives people have on this as it'll help me decide.

Thanks <3

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I'm completely for keeping the channel you already have.
After all, it is your channel. The subscribers who like your content will stay and the subscribers who don't like the content will simply leave. After all, many channels transform over time, and it is perfectly natural.
Regarding words getting to you - I strongly suggest you try to bear it a bit because you will get backlash sometime (that is YouTube, after all), and the sooner you get used to it, the better. :)

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
personally i would try and revive your channel! show your subs that you don't give up that easy :D it might be hard for a while and may take some time to pick back up but you could make a little video explaining what happened to the channel, why you left and then could tell your audience that your coming back, at least they will know the reason why the channel stopped, and then they can see that the videos might start rolling back on again. Don't let the comments get to you but also try and use them to boost your morale and try and make them think, well you know what, i'll prove you wrong, i'll prove i deserved that shout out :D, i hope this helped in some kind of way :)

Reactions: Stoobs

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It´s all been said but keep your channel and work with it from there:):up2:

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I´m for to keep the channel.
You could explain to the viewers why it have taken so long for you to post videos and start making the videos you want to do.
I would feel otherwise if were a channel with less than 1000 subscribers on the other hand.

LegitHuman

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm completely for keeping the channel you already have.
After all, it is your channel. The subscribers who like your content will stay and the subscribers who don't like the content will simply leave. After all, many channels transform over time, and it is perfectly natural.
Regarding words getting to you - I strongly suggest you try to bear it a bit because you will get backlash sometime (that is YouTube, after all), and the sooner you get used to it, the better. :)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll probably have to test the waters with it and see if I can cope w/ the dislikes w/o getting hurt.

personally i would try and revive your channel! show your subs that you don't give up that easy :D it might be hard for a while and may take some time to pick back up but you could make a little video explaining what happened to the channel, why you left and then could tell your audience that your coming back, at least they will know the reason why the channel stopped, and then they can see that the videos might start rolling back on again. Don't let the comments get to you but also try and use them to boost your morale and try and make them think, well you know what, i'll prove you wrong, i'll prove i deserved that shout out :D, i hope this helped in some kind of way :)
Thank you, it did help! My explanation video might be a bit messy because I'm not used to sharing feelings, hopefully they'll understand it :p

It´s all been said but keep your channel and work with it from there:):up2:
From what I've read, I probably will :)
I´m for to keep the channel.
You could explain to the viewers why it have taken so long for you to post videos and start making the videos you want to do.
I would feel otherwise if were a channel with less than 1000 subscribers on the other hand.
Why is that so?

Reactions: JayPlaysOfficial

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I might clarify, if it were under 1000 subscribers and low view count, it might not be worth to revive it, because the few people that did watch and support the channel might be gone, and would probably be harder to revive it then!

Scotty Byrd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
just post new content and be sure to post daily or at least weekly the more you post again the more people will notice you're putting out new content !!

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
In my opinion I think you should stick with this channel and revive it. However, maybe first send out a video that explains this to your subscriber (that you’re going to make more videos, but they will be more of ___ content). You could also post another video that day to both show people what the video will be like and to give some proof that you’ll actually get be posting these videos.
I bid you good luck! You got this

LegitHuman

I've Got It
Reaction score
I might clarify, if it were under 1000 subscribers and low view count, it might not be worth to revive it, because the few people that did watch and support the channel might be gone, and would probably be harder to revive it then!
Ah I see, thanks for the clarification :)
just post new content and be sure to post daily or at least weekly the more you post again the more people will notice you're putting out new content !!
I hope they do, I'm thinking of pre-recording a few videos and releasing them once/twice a week so I have content in case something happens (again)
In my opinion I think you should stick with this channel and revive it. However, maybe first send out a video that explains this to your subscriber (that you’re going to make more videos, but they will be more of ___ content). You could also post another video that day to both show people what the video will be like and to give some proof that you’ll actually get be posting these videos.
I bid you good luck! You got this
Will do just that, thank you :)