Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Render while you edit!

Discussion in 'Video Production' started by Giddyfish, May 13, 2015.

1. thumbhais
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $9
    I only found out about this maybe 5 videos in! It saves so much time as I used to just wait for the rendering to be complete and then reedit.

2. TaxOwlbear
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $18
    I render over night and during the day when I'm not at home, so rendering times are not issue for me, but the idea is good nevertheless. I wasn't even aware that you could have multiple instances of SV (many programs don't allow/like that).

3. Switchbox
    Give me your food
    Cash:
    $1,667
    Yeah, I do that sometimes.
    I just right click on SV in my taskbar and then open up a new one.

TaxOwlbear likes this.
  4. TaxOwlbear
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $18
    I guess I could do that for shorter videos. Most of my videos are 20+ minutes (often longer), so rendering them takes quite a while.

5. MJ Vilches
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $24
    If you have a powerful computer...it might work.

But if your computer is not that strong and you don't have another computer, this will cause a lot of issues. One example would be too much lag and the possibility of your computer crashing.

If your computer can handle it then give it a try but if not, I suggest, while you're rendering, why not shoot your next videos or think up of ideas for your next uploads? XD

6. Ka--kashi
    Anime YouTuber
    Cash:
    $39
    Depending on the hardware of your system you will struggle and eventually kill your system doing this.
    I've already burnt out my old processor and Mobo do renders and done a full upgrade to an i7 processor and won't edit whilst a video render. It's just calling for your PC to die

7. WeKanGame
    Superman
    Cash:
    $11
    I do this all the time! I balance my gaming and VLOG channel it can be hard, but it's always worth it!

8. GrgakGames
    Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
    Cash:
    $23
    My computer can barely handle rendering a 3 minute still image.

I don't think I could handle multitasking that :p

9. natnip
    You may think you want my accent. You really don't
    Cash:
    $54
    I use the rendering time to make my thumbnail usually :)

10. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $4,049
    My computer will crash if I sneeze at it while it's rendering, so rendering time = lunchtime for me! ^^;;;

Although, it would be handy to open multiple programs and get more stuff done. I like the batch rendering idea, and maybe I'll try that if/when I get a new computer. (=