Recording Commentary Sound?

itsamymelissa

I've Got It
Okay, so, I haven't been recording videos for youtube for about two months now because I have been trying to fix the sound issue I've been having. I was using the elgato live commentary recorder. Then they updated their software, and I thought it would have fixed, but it didn't. I am not sure how to record the commentary outside of the software where it will still record the game sounds. Does any one have any tips or advice? Thank you! :D

Idk uh have elgato running your game while you record the gameplay from an external source that can do both gameplay AND your commentary.

I use Mirillis Action! but it's a pain to work with programs (I have to use windowed mode a lot)

If you have a decent computer OBS can be a good option with what I said above and or if you have a weak computer and can shill out 15 bucks Xsplit can do local records as well.

i use the free version of xsplit you don't have to pay for it to do this kind of thing :) you also have the option of using a webcam if you like

i use the free version of xsplit you don't have to pay for it to do this kind of thing :) you also have the option of using a webcam if you like
Would I be able to use it with external gaming consoles?[DOUBLEPOST=1465771530,1465771509][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mean you could use the Elgato to record the game and use Audacity to record commentary separately and then just merge it when you edit your video.
I shall have to try this! Thank you!

Would I be able to use it with external gaming consoles?[DOUBLEPOST=1465771530,1465771509][/DOUBLEPOST]
I shall have to try this! Thank you!

I think you can but you have to have a capture card i have always wanted to do gaming from a console but i dont have a capture card to do it with, as i use consoles more and only have a laptop to play games from. But yes i do think it is possible

I don't know if you only want to use a voice recorder for external gaming consoles, but if you are in need of a new one for a pc-version I would recommend you getting Open Broadcaster Software.
The free program is mainly used for streaming, but it's a really decent one for recording as well since there is a ''record video'' option included ( ofcourse including your audio input ).

I mean you could use the Elgato to record the game and use Audacity to record commentary separately and then just merge it when you edit your video.
Ah! You're s life saver! It really works well! Thank you a ton!!!! :D:D[DOUBLEPOST=1465953764,1465953629][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think you can but you have to have a capture card i have always wanted to do gaming from a console but i dont have a capture card to do it with, as i use consoles more and only have a laptop to play games from. But yes i do think it is possible

Ah! Okay! I use the el gato capture card. It works okay, but that's probably because I'm not an expert at these things. Hahaha, but I am getting better!

Back