Record iPad Gameplay?

Use airplay plus reflection: http://www.reflectorapp.com/

No jailbreaking required and free trial so you can mess with it to see how it works.

I've recorded gameplay using this. Check my channel for my app reviews and you will see It in action. Works 100% perfect and its smooth as silk. If you have any problems support tend to reply within an hour! Highly recommend if you are on the MAC platform. No jail breaking required at all!
So this app along with Screenflow for screen capture works perfect.

There is still a semi-untethered jailbreaks for A5 chips devices and and lower. Like you, my channels is all about iOS as well.

Nope. You can only semi-tether jailbreak A4 devices. iPhone 4, 3GS, and iPod Touch 4. Not iPads. And not devices with A5 chips.

Nope. You can only semi-tether jailbreak A4 devices. iPhone 4, 3GS, and iPod Touch 4. Not iPads. And not devices with A5 chips.
My bad, it's A4 :p
But you NOW make a tutorial of jailbreaking 6.1.3. That's when I told you? Admit it you didn't know that, it's why you made a tutorial just few hours ago :p

Ok other than that what camera do you use to record it externally? I just use DR for gameplays on my other channel but I prefer using camera for reviews. I use my iPhone 5 with a iStabilise which I had bought for $50 but multiple iphone in one screen make the background vivid and darker only due to the focus of iPhone. I'm thinking to buy a new camera, hope you can advice me?
Thanks!

My bad, it's A4 :p
But you NOW make a tutorial of jailbreaking 6.1.3. That's when I told you? Admit it you didn't know that, it's why you made a tutorial just few hours ago :p

First of all, do you think I'd have 6.2k subscribers on a JAILBREAK channel if I didn't know what devices could be JAILBROKEN? Give me a break.

Check the date, hot shot.

This ^. Jailbreaking is my specialty...it's what my whole channel is about, so if you're jailbroken then you need to download "Display Recorder" from cydia.

If you're not jailbroken, I have some tutorials on my channel on how to do it, depending on what iOS you're on. You can check your iOS by tapping "Settings>General>About>Version" If you're on 6.1.2 or lower, you can jailbreak. If you're on 6.1.3, you're screwed.

If you need any help, just let me know. :)

Thanks! I've jailbroken my iPhone and iPad before but haven't for the past year or so. It used to be really easy for me to do but now it seems so difficult. I'll have to watch your tutorials!

You can either jailbreak it, or you can buy a HDMI adapter for the ipad and then feed that into a capture card, then to your pc from which you can record it. The second method is expensive and quite complicated so it would be easier to just jailbreak the ipad.

Well you could just set up a tripod and record it with your camera. Otherwise the only way is to jailbreak it and install Screen Recorder, which I have used, it's really good.

Well you could just set up a tripod and record it with your camera. Otherwise the only way is to jailbreak it and install Screen Recorder, which I have used, it's really good.

No its not, like I said in my previous post, you can use software and airplay to mirror the screen to your computer, then use a screen capture app to record it.
Works well for me, and pretty simple.

No its not, like I said in my previous post, you can use software and airplay to mirror the screen to your computer, then use a screen capture app to record it.
Works well for me, and pretty simple.

When I do that it always turns out very pixely and laggy. Maybe it's just my computer though.

Back