Reapply for monetization while running a Youtube channel

Yes, i have thought of that, and that's when i went on socialblade and check on the stats. If the channel's owner is not making money off other people's music and if the ads appear is on behalf of the original copyright content owners, then the income should be zero. And right now quite some bigger music channels still generate income according to socialblade, so i assume they are not demonetized.

---

After reading all your replies, i have got a better understanding on how youtube's algorithm works today! Thanks for the good read!
Socialblade's so-called "money a channel is making" isn't real, and you need to realize this right now. The site has "moneymaking stats" for channels that aren't even monetized; so how can you say just by looking at SB stats if a channel is showing ads, just who it is that is actually getting the money?

Not too long ago, someone came to this forum absolutely convinced that he had earned over $150.00 on YouTube and was asking how to claim it. A responder asked this OP if he was a monetized partner channel, and the OP said he or she wasn't. The responder then asked how he thought he had earned this money, and he said he had seen the figure on Socialblade and need to know how to get YouTube to send it to him as a cheque.

The responder had to disappoint the poster by informing him that unless he had a monetized channel, he had earned no money at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1535619972,1535619857][/DOUBLEPOST]
Which is fair enough, but I've just had exactly the same thing happen to my meditation channel & all the recording are original & made by me.

They say I can reapply in 30 days, but give no explanation (other than duplication) as to what needs changing .. more to the point, why should I have to change anything, it's all my own original material.

The reason (I think) this has happened is because YouTube must have used some sort of automated program to demonetize loads of channels & in doing so, it's made some mistakes. Which is understandable, but that doesn't help me if I can't appeal against it.
May I ask what you are using for the visuals in your videos?

You need to realize that if you don't figure out what YouTube is considering as duplicate media and change something before you reapply, you're likely to be refused again. I've already seen this happen to multiple creators on the official Help Forum.

Wrong

Social blade estimates and metrics are not in any way based on monetization.

I see, thanks. Learn something new again![DOUBLEPOST=1535659909,1535659826][/DOUBLEPOST]
Socialblade's so-called "money a channel is making" isn't real, and you need to realize this right now. The site has "moneymaking stats" for channels that aren't even monetized; so how can you say just by looking at SB stats if a channel is showing ads, just who it is that is actually getting the money?

I see, my bad for not knowing how socialblade is falsely reporting data!

I see, my bad for not knowing how socialblade is falsely reporting data!

Except that they aren't. They clearly state that it's estimated earnings and to read their faq for more information which states:

Estimated earnings are just that, estimated. We take a low CPM value ($0.25 USD) and a high CPM value ($4.00 USD), numbers that we have found to be common from our partners, and multiply them by the number of views the channel gets per day. This assumes that every view on the partner's channel is monetized, which is usually not the case.

The number isn't supposed to be read as religion but to give you a general feeling of what they might be earning. It is updated regularly so mouse over the column header to see the values used to calculate it at any given time.​

Its does not matter if you have permission or not. The content is still not yours, so probably is never going to be approved for monetization due to "duplication"
I checked out with Youtube staff,
I received this article:
2490020 (Google it to get to Youtube creator support page, I am not allowed to post links).

I have permission to use audio and/or visuals created by someone else written permission granting you commercial use rights to that content by the rights holder at any time.

This literally says that if I have permission, I am allowed to monetize the content (Music in my case as I receive full permission for the songs).

I received this article:
2490020 (Google it to get to Youtube creator support page, I am not allowed to post links).

I have permission to use audio and/or visuals created by someone else written permission granting you commercial use rights to that content by the rights holder at any time.

This literally says that if I have permission, I am allowed to monetize the content (Music in my case as I receive full permission for the songs).
You're allowed to attempt to monetize it.

What YouTube decides when it reviews your channel, may be the exact opposite of what you expect. Please let us know what happens in the end.

Yet they choose not to monetize it !!!

Back