EposVox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Very, very important advice.

XboxDIY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
My reason for joining a network looking back at it now was for the payout at the end of every month, regardless of how much I was making. Now I don't have to worry about the Adsense cap - I would actually prefer it considering I have multiple websites, alongside my YouTube channel, hooked up to Adsense. This will be the last couple months with my channel.

On a side note, I use Music Nations and they have been great. No complaints, just don't think I need a MCN anymore.

Mae Unique

Reaction score
You can't actually monetize videos by default in some countries without joining mcn or getting partnership invitation from YouTube.
Hello I was reading and I wanted to say I have 2 invitations and both are mcn and I don't know if it's real or not. Any advice for me about this?

GamersName

String_not_found
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello I was reading and I wanted to say I have 2 invitations and both are mcn and I don't know if it's real or not. Any advice for me about this?
Ask yourself first if you need to join it. I advise you to contact MCN via their pages/support for more details.

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do realize that. I also realize that you can still lose the privilege of monetizing your videos, either by being flagged by Youtube or by being associated to any banned Adsense account, including the MCN´s Adsense account, wich, BTW, can also be banned.

So, let me see if i got this right.

- You give away a % of your earnings

-You lose your freedom, due to contract obligations

- You risk not being paid, since dealing with a MCN is never as reliable as dealing with Google directly

And all this for what? For "tools" you can find for free somewhere else? It doesn´t seem a great deal to me. I might be wrong though.
A big reason for me to join a network is because I do not want to risk my own Adsense account by connecting it to a YouTube channel. Google has a no b******t policy when it comes to Adsense accounts. You get banned, you NEVER get back in, ever. I use Adsense on a number of websites and I would like to keep it that way. YouTube has by far the highest risk of getting your Adsense account banned for false flagging and click bombing compared to just having ads on a regular website. And being in a network offers some protection against that because they will help you sort out problems like that with YouTube directly (a line of communication independent YouTubers don't have). In addition, if something does go horribly wrong with one of my videos in a way that would normally cost me my Adsense account, the brunt of the damage hits the MCN. And they are much better equipped to deal with that sort of trouble than I am. I don't even really care about the tools or the music, I've been part of a network for well over 2 years now and have never used any of those things. But I will gladly pay 10% of my earnings to protect my own Adsense account and to have a semi-direct level of support from YouTube, instead of being left to the whims of clickbot trolls.

Andy b

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post here apart from and introduction.

I have a YouTube channel that I have been growing for the last 11 months, it is in quite a small'ish niche of metal detecting and outdoor adventures. Around 4 months ago things started taking shape and I have been growing month on month now for a while.

Being partnered with YouTube is easy but I just worry that I am losing out on extra income from a low CPM/rpm. I see loads of the MCN's claim to sort out their own advertising thus giving you a lot better income.

Is this true or is it misleading, am I better of staying as I am or joining a network and also is there any networks out there that cater for my sort of content.

Hopefully someone can advise me :)

Many thanks I'm advance,
Andy

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What about legal protection, I always though a big part of joining a network was legal protection from copyright strikes and the like.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
What about legal protection, I always though a big part of joining a network was legal protection from copyright strikes and the like.
networks can be a channels gateway to speak with youtube when problems arise, I have seen it happen, I have also seen channels contact YouTube themselves. they certainly wont help you avoid strikes at all.

and also be aware if you use the networks library of music etc for your videos while partnered, and then leave after your contract ends, I have seen channels get a ton of strikes from that network once they leave thanks to the music they used whilst under contract.

Trodex

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So basically these networks are scamming people. I have heard way too many horror stories. Thanks for posting this warning!

Mouk Lab

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you, that is the information which drove me on this website.