Question for the PS4 Gamers - Which Non-Headset Microphones Can Be Used (if any)?

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
I am going to be buying a PS4 over the next week or so as I will be doing more gaming videos on my channel.

I may pick up an Elgato in the future so that I can also record videos from my Wii U and to give me more control over the stream, but in the short term I love the idea of just switching the PS4 on and clicking record.

I will be buying a good headset with a microphone and the official PS4 camera so that I can display my webcam and produce good audio on my streams, however I would also love to include friends in my streams.

Is it possible to use a microphone such as a Blue Yeti with the PS4 directly or would I need to go through a computer and software such as OBS?

Also, is there a way of reducing the game sound coming through in the background of a microphone that is set up to hear two or three people?

Would love to know how PS4 gamers here operate their streams :)

Kevin

as long as it is a usb microphone it should work I use a blue snowball I use a headset and mute the tv then I use my regular mic as my speaking tool seems to reduce sound or at least never had any complaints.

Do USB microphones work with the PS4? I assumed that they didn't because of drivers etc.

Are you using software to stream or doing it all directly?

What about USB webcams? Is it only the official PS4 camera that works? I was planning on buying the official camera, but I already have a Logitech c930e so wouldn't need to if that worked with it.

Yes they plug into the sockets on the front of the console I stream directly through the ps4 as far as I know the ps4 camera is the only one that works but you can always test it as I never had a usb webcam to try it out.

I did some more research on this.

Apparently, the PS4 camera is the only camera that works, but many people have used mics like the Blue Yeti and managed to make it work.

I have a good USB with a headphone port so I may gave that a try. :)

Back